Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server

Hi Everyone -

As you've probably noticed by now, we've moved to a new server and an entirely new user platform. All usernames have been brought over (with the exception of about 15 or so that were registered just before we moved). You should be able to use the same password you used when you originally registered in order to login to your accounts here, but if you are unable to access your account (and the "Forgot password" feature doesn't work for you), please email me at puzzlebaron@gmail.com and I will work to restore your access ASAP. Please be sure to include (a) your username and (b) the email under which that username was registered.

You will notice that Wordtwist now lives at: https://wordtwist.puzzlebaron.com You can still come in via Wordtwist.org - everything will forward over for the foreseeable future - but this is the domain where the site will live from now on.

What didn't survive: old forum threads, avatars, private messages. Sorry about that - the old forum was so outdated that it was just impossible to bring everything over. I do have a saved flat-file version of the old forums however and I will work towards getting that online as quickly as possible. If you want to set your avatars again please feel free to do so via your "Settings" page or via the "Choose an Avatar" page on the main wordtwist site.

All user stats have been brought over so you should be at roughly the same level you were at on March 1st, 2019 on the old site. There may be 30-60 minutes of games that were lost if you happened to be playing right in the middle of the physical migration, but other than that most of the stats should still be there.

Your Wordtwist account will also now work across the entire network of Puzzle Baron sites. Premium memberships will also be applied automatically to every site, not just the one you originally subscribed too.

Other than that, the game should continue as it always has - only now on a much more modern platform and with a much faster server.

THAT SAID... this was a big migration, and there was a lot of old code on Wordtwist that had to be reworked from scratch. So if you notice any bugs or anything not working the way it used to PLEASE email me at puzzlebaron@gmail.com and let me know immediately. I will be keeping a log of all issues and will work through each one until we're back up and running at 100%.

Thanks everyone for your patience during the move! And thanks for playing. :-)

Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Stephen,

I managed to set my avatar in the upper right corner to my preferred image but it does not show up when you check the "online" tab to see who is playing--I appear as the generic grey head guy image! I noticed other users have their avatars showing up on the online tab properly. How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Russ (RussDNails)

P.S. Avatar also is not showing up on the "My Scores" link but as you can see it does show up in my message posting...........
    Last edited by RussDNails; 03-02-2019, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Does anyone else find the new colors super hard on your eyes? I swear I've "gone stupid" playing with the new visuals.

Comment

Yup, the text box where you type words has a lighter color font--takes some getting used to. BTW, I noticed your avatar appears when I check the "online" link to see who is online. Any idea why mine does not show up? It's showing up correctly in the top right corner of the WordTwist home page and on my forum posts but doesn't show up when I click on the "online" or "my scores" links........

Comment

I mostly miss the avatars in the "high scores" lists.

Comment

Me too--I keep asking this hoping for an answer--I noticed your avatar shows up in the Online and My Scores links but mine is only showing up in the top right corner and in forum posts--do you know how you got yours to show up in the Online and My Scores pages?

Best,

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
              Yup, the text box where you type words has a lighter color font--takes some getting used to. BTW, I noticed your avatar appears when I check the "online" link to see who is online. Any idea why mine does not show up? It's showing up correctly in the top right corner of the WordTwist home page and on my forum posts but doesn't show up when I click on the "online" or "my scores" links........
              My avatar shows up properly because I got completely overwhelmed by the new system, wrote to Stephen, and he offered to do it for me.

Comment

Thanks for the reply--change does suck! I just now discovered my issue with the avatar is only occurring on Chrome which is of course my browser of preference. I can see others' avatars but not my own! Very odd.........

Mine shows up just fine on other browsers, Firefox, Safari on my iPad, etc.........I'll do as you suggested and contact the admin directly and see if he can fix this.......

Kindest regards,

Russ
                Last edited by RussDNails; 03-02-2019, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Old avatars may be cached by your local browser, so new ones may not show up right away for you until you clear your cache or do a forced refresh (SHIFT+REFRESH).
                  If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by mdyak View Post
                    Does anyone else find the new colors super hard on your eyes? I swear I've "gone stupid" playing with the new visuals.
                    I also find the new font when typing in the words hard on my eyes. It's a little too light for me. It's not nearly as easy to see as before!

Comment

Besides being lighter, the font is also much more narrow and things seemed squished.

Comment

Now everything is in all CAPS?? I would prefer mine to be in lower case. Can that be changed?

Comment

That's good Russ and mdyak seem to have recovered their avatars. I'd like to get back the 87 best word and 92 longest word records that were blotted out overnight by the migration. But something tells me that's not going to happen. At least it wasn't hundreds or thousands of them lost. Did anyone else have their stats altered significantly?
                          (My apologies for adding to the bitchfest here, Stephen. I know you're doing everything you can. I held off mentioning it until today. Not a huge deal for me: I lost a little under a week's worth of game play.)
                          Last edited by lalatan; 03-02-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Now it's all caps. I would much prefer lower case. thanks!

Comment

Anyone else notice that their total in lifetime high score had gone down after the new server?
                              I had passed the 20,000 game mark in 5x5, but after the new server I was well below.
                              Guessing that the update failed to capture history that was at least a few days earlier than March 1st.

Comment

Working...
                              X