No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa came early, and gifted me with besting my high score playing 5X5.

Total points: 1064 New record!
    Total words: 124 (23 common,14 wide,17 rare,70 ultra rare) New record!
    Best word: QUEENIEST (20 pts.)
    Longest word: REQUESTERS (10 letters)

Comment

• Congratulations! And I see you averaged more than 8 points per word while you were at it -- so, double congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
        Congratulations! And I see you averaged more than 8 points per word while you were at it -- so, double congratulations!
        Thank you so much, and happy holidays.

Comment

• You ever get in the zone? Where time sort of slows way down?

I try to keep my typing at around 100 words per game. Seems to be the sweet spot between getting a decent score and avoiding arthritic inflammation.

About a minute and a half into this game I realized I'd run through my available chunks of ultra-rare words, glanced at the clock, was shocked by how much time remained, then got flustered and desperate trying to find words I studiously avoid. (4, 5 and 6 letter words that aren't worth much, like moose, noose, nooses, moles, loons that are valued less than a point a letter.)

And the magic disappeared.

But for a minute and a half...

Zen Wordtwist.

But, now my fingers and wrists are telling me, "F your zen wordtwist. We don't care."

Wish it had been a strong board filled with ultra-rares--one of those 200 plus UR extravaganzas, where the UR chunks are large and seemingly endless. Maybe with a k, z, q, x.
          Or -izations, or -nesses.

Oh, the dreams of children.

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 9.38.36 AM.png

And, oddly, the preceding games were a mess where I couldn't find the keyboard--with lots of mistypings. Funny how our ability bounces around. Guess it's why giving up shouldn't be an option--magic is always possible ahead.

ps: congrats on the 1,000 plus game, Jbud1980.
          Last edited by Naboka; 12-22-2023, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Just wrote a post. It was accepted, then I decided to edit/add a ps congrats to Jbud1980. As often happens with edits, the post was then flagged.

Anyway, that post will appear after admin reviews it. So...

Comment

• Naboka, what I've done in this instance, especially after once when a day plus passed, is delete the hung up post and start fresh.

Comment

• In the past, I've copied the edited text before submitting. If the post disappears, I just create a new one and paste the text in.

Comment

• Post is approved now - sorry about this, it's become the norm now for spammers to make a "normal" post and then go back and edit in all kinds of spam links and garbage afterwards, so the forum software proactively throws all edited posts into moderation. I'll see if I can loosen up that restriction a bit as long as links aren't found in the text.
                  If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Congratulations to Spike1007, Dasan, and lalatan on finishing 1, 2, 3 in APPW! sorry I wasn't in the competition due to family illness but everybody is feeling fine now. I may continue the break from competition. I don't know yet. But I will be at least watching rooting for all of you. Best of luck!

Comment

• folkslinger, thanks, and I'm glad your family is doing well. ! Actually I was surprised you didn't pop up on the boards yesterday ahead of me.
                      Last edited by Spike1007; 01-02-2024, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• admin, I think I can tell the restriction is loosened, but when i made a correction and post, and then see a typo and correct it and repost maybe less than a minute later, it got flagged. Maybe you could also check if very little change is made in the editing and not flag it for a change of one character, or allow a little more time to pass, for the common case where some one posts and then immediately sees a mistake (I know, that's what "preview" is for, silly me).

Comment

• Just discovered something I'm kind of proud of and thought I'd share.. with January's results, I've had 63 consecutive months in the Top 10 monthly average points per word for 4x4 :-D i actually started playing in 2010, but then was away for a few years before returning as a regular in 2018.

I've had so much fun with this site... it's my go-to time-filler when i've got a few minutes (or more) here and there. Part of the enjoyment is the fact that there is a community around it, and it's neat to see so many names that feel almost like friends (or at least friendly acquaintances) who've been around as long as i have... or even longer! As well as newer folks who are active in the games and forums. It's fun even just seeing the many cute/interesting screen names that show up in the game stats.

So just generally thanks to all of you who've kept this place going for so long and make it so robust and lively, and to our Admin who keeps the whole thing running smoothly! :-D

Comment

• My favorite thing to accomplish doesn't end up in the "Best Of" awards, but I enjoy it: In a game that has had a lot of players, I like to match the longest word AND beat the high score! I rarely beat the longest word when it's been found by the big players, but I feel pretty great when I match them. :-)

Here's the one I got today:
                            Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 9.17.26 AM.png

Comment

• Originally posted by rosedraws View Post
                              My favorite thing to accomplish doesn't end up in the "Best Of" awards, but I enjoy it: In a game that has had a lot of players, I like to match the longest word AND beat the high score! I rarely beat the longest word when it's been found by the big players, but I feel pretty great when I match them. :-)

Is it bad form to include an image of the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by rosedraws View Post
                                Is it bad form to include an image of the game?
                                Not at all! Lots of players post their favorite boards here on the forum.

Thanks for playing!

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
                                X