Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by folkslinger View Post
    This is Folkslinger (typing done by Seamonster). First, a great big congratulations to thinkbig aka lalatan on a double First Place (4x4 and 5x5). What a way to start a New Year! And what a competition this month! So congrats to lobster1 and Spike1007 also. I have not been able to compete due to surgery on my left hand. I don't type very well to begin with but now I'm pretty useless. I'll still be looking for big words, I just won't be able to type them in three minutes!
    Thanks folkslinger. I never saw lobster1 compete for APPW before last month. I was amazed that he had played 53 games in 10 days with an APPW of 40.677. Only I and 2 other people, all experienced players, had gone that high before. I went over 41 pts/word for the month once before so I knew it was doable. So I decided to take up the challenge of bettering his score. My last month's APPW of 41.327 with 1.02 words played per game is the highest I've gone. In my 5 years of playing here I haven't seen it that high. So I'm happy about that.
    Edit: This is the first full year I kept daily personal stats: I just found out I set 10,535 best/longest word records and retained 9,811. It was a good Wordtwist year for me. Woohoo!

Sorry you had to get hand surgery. I wish you a full and speedy recovery. When I play my late night Wordtwist session, I play it on a smartphone. There's a "mobile play" link on the game page when you log in with your phone. I put the phone on the bed, lie on my side and swipe to enter words. It's a one-handed operation so I thought I'd let you know about it.

Enjoy the word hunt.
    Last edited by lalatan; 01-04-2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the good wishes. And the suggestion. That's an incredible new record. When I saw what you two were doing (over 41 average!), I picked the perfect time to have hand surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonna View Post

WTG, Brisul!
        Thanks! I think it took a couple years off my life, but it felt worth it I do think I may just be a sideline player this month. I'll try to get high scores, but I doubt I'll get the required 51 games needed to compete.

Comment

I started off this month pretty hot. Already at nearly 560 p/g and already extremely close to setting a new most words record in 5x5, which I haven't done in a while Let's see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Razorflame View Post
            I started off this month pretty hot. Already at nearly 560 p/g and already extremely close to setting a new most words record in 5x5, which I haven't done in a while Let's see what happens
            That's the best way to start the month, and year...and decade! Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Brisul View Post

Thanks! I think it took a couple years off my life, but it felt worth it I do think I may just be a sideline player this month. I'll try to get high scores, but I doubt I'll get the required 51 games needed to compete.
              I have to be on the sidelines most of the time if I'm to get anything else done in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonna View Post

I have to be on the sidelines most of the time if I'm to get anything else done in my life!
                What are you, some kind of responsible adult, or something?

Comment

Got my first 4x4 800 in... I don't know, 10 years? Wasn't even that amazing of a board but I managed to type well enough for two minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Crovax View Post
                    Got my first 4x4 800 in... I don't know, 10 years? Wasn't even that amazing of a board but I managed to type well enough for two minutes

Any time you're scoring over 800 on the 4x4 games, that is an elite level of play! That's awesome!

Comment

Well, I lived up to my promise of not playing enough games to compete this month. However, I did manage to reach two new milestones, even though they don't count for competition sakes. In playing my last game, in which I scored 1,027, I was able to raise my average score per game to just over 950, and my average words per game to just barely over 170! Whew!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your achievements! Shame we won't see you on the leaderboards this month, but I'm sure you'll be up there again soon enough. I'm in awe of your skill and determination.

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
                          Congratulations on your achievements! Shame we won't see you on the leaderboards this month, but I'm sure you'll be up there again soon enough. I'm in awe of your skill and determination.
                          Thanks CK! I'm blown away not only by how you and the others can find such longs words on these boards, but that you also have those words in your mental rolodex!

Comment

Well, I lived up to my promise of not playing enough games to compete this month. However, I did manage to reach two new milestones, even though they don't count for competition sakes. In playing my last game, in which I scored 1,027, I was able to raise my average score per game to just over 950, and my average words per game to just barely over 170! Whew!!!
                            I have never even approached 170 words in any game, and likely never will. I just can't type that fast. If I could type that fast, I likely wouldn't find words that fast. If I could type 100+ words per minute, I still wouldn't find 170 words to type. On the very best boards in the very best conditions, I might be able to find 150 or perhaps 160 words, and that's it. I'll bet your peak is well over 200. Yes, I could look. Mine is about 135, and I thought I was FLYING. I will renew my request for a game version that has no time limit, except that if you don't enter word that increases your score within a ten second period, the game is over. There is no need to hold this game to the same rules as an old hand-held shake-em-up version.

Comment

What are you, some kind of responsible adult, or something?
                              Well ... I try ...

Comment

For being a responsible adult, you're doing pretty good here. Congratulations on the trophy! Also, congrats to thinkbig!

Comment

Working...
                                X