Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUGATORINESSES appears to be a new word

Comment

(Lack) of achievements and accomplishments: I have had my single worst day of WordTwist today. I can't get anything going.

Comment

I had a couple days like that on the new boards that left me wondering if all the patterns were somehow subtly different or the word numbers were off, but it (or I) recovered after that.

Comment

Every once in a while, I get a day where my hands shake too bad to type well. I'm not all that good a typist anyway, but I can get on a roll and do all right for a while. I can also get to where I have to type the same 4-letter word six times to get it right, and that is NOT an exaggeration. Yesterday going into today was one of those spells where I probably typed 160 to 180 words in three minutes, except that about half of them were mistyped. Fast but wrong is not a good way to a high score, though every once in a while you learn a new word that way.

Comment

Whoop! The day I find a larger word than lalatan is a fun day. This may be my first, may be my only. lol. And dayum look at that high score from tx_eye_guy!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
              Every once in a while, I get a day where my hands shake too bad to type well. I'm not all that good a typist anyway, but I can get on a roll and do all right for a while. I can also get to where I have to type the same 4-letter word six times to get it right, and that is NOT an exaggeration. Yesterday going into today was one of those spells where I probably typed 160 to 180 words in three minutes, except that about half of them were mistyped. Fast but wrong is not a good way to a high score, though every once in a while you learn a new word that way.
              I rationalize that Wordtwist is a good way to test how alive my brain is today. Foggybrain days are very evident in the scores. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rosedraws View Post
                Whoop! The day I find a larger word than lalatan is a fun day.
                Congrats Rose! Good find.

Enjoy the games!
                Last edited by lalatan; 03-24-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Woohoo!! I just found the first 50 pt word: QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDS, 48 pts for the singular.

Comment

Congrats! I've been looking for those, but no luck. Some day...

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                      Woohoo!! I just found the first 50 pt word: QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDS, 48 pts for the singular.
                      Way to go! Based on my research 54 points seems to be the highest possible word, a variation of the word you've just found. Plenty of other 50+ pointers out there though.

Comment

• Thanks Spike and MegaWord! The board took a month to show up so I assume the 50+ pt words will appear rarely, much like the former 45 pt words we looked for. I learned the importance of being ready last month. It was 1:00 a.m. and my mind was foggy. I realized the board contained 1 of the new words and I had to swipe it. I had read through the list only once 2 days before. I panicked when I couldn't figure out 1 of the new prefixes and missed my opportunity for a 48 pt word.

About 2 weeks later I got another board with a 48 pt word and nailed it. It had been played by another long word hunter and he had settled for a 15 pt best word. Sad for him that he missed it.

After reading those long number words I have a newfound appreciation for the wonder and convenience of scientific notation.

Spike, I found another Frankenstein word that made me laugh when it was accepted: ELECTROCEMENTS for 26 pts.
                        Last edited by lalatan; 03-24-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Wow, I used to get stoked when I found 160 pts for 4 words before the new boards were released last month.......
                          This pretty well totally eclipses that. I found them at 1:00 a.m. last night playing on my phone. The second miracle was that I didn't have to reswipe any of the words.

336 PTS FOR 8 WORDS.jpg

Comment

• lalatan, congrats! That's amazing! I saw that you also managed to find a 52 point word.

Comment

• Thanks Spike! I have no doubt you'll get yours too. Just a matter of time.

Congrats on the gold trophy for 5x5 APPW!
                              Last edited by lalatan; 03-31-2021, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• In March, all 50 places for points per word in 4x4 was over 4.5 points per word. That is a first since I've started playing. Congratulations to all of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X