No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something I may never see again. I just beat a high score by Estive!

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.21.39 PM.png

Comment

• Haha, good job. Looking forward to seeing more records broken!

Comment

• Originally posted by Estive View Post
        Haha, good job. Looking forward to seeing more records broken!
        I think the score of yours that I beat was when you were playing with one hand behind your back and one eye closed...but I'll take it!

Comment

• Brisul, you have your accomplishment with Estive. Here's mine: I exceeded 50% of Estive's score. I think we're playing in different leagues.

Game Results

YOUR STATS:
          Total points: 616
          Total words: 121 (67 common,26 wide,7 rare,21 ultra rare)
          Best word: AUNTERS (12 pts.)
          Longest word: SCATTERS (8 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 16 times
          Average Score: 485.4 points
          Average Words: 92.8 words
          High Score: 1201 points by Estive
          Most Words: 209 words by Estive
          Best Word: FLUTERS (12 pts) by lexiface
          Longest Word: CARELESSLY (10 letters) by Rband2007

Comment

• Whenever I beat a score by someone who is a much better player than I, I remember that sometimes I start a game and am interrupted after 15 seconds, and think that must be what happened to that other player.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
              Brisul, you have your accomplishment with Estive. Here's mine: I exceeded 50% of Estive's score. I think we're playing in different leagues.

Game Results

YOUR STATS:
              Total points: 616
              Total words: 121 (67 common,26 wide,7 rare,21 ultra rare)
              Best word: AUNTERS (12 pts.)
              Longest word: SCATTERS (8 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 16 times
              Average Score: 485.4 points
              Average Words: 92.8 words
              High Score: 1201 points by Estive
              Most Words: 209 words by Estive
              Best Word: FLUTERS (12 pts) by lexiface
              Longest Word: CARELESSLY (10 letters) by Rband2007
              I have no idea how these top tier players do it. Not only are they fast and accurate typists, but they have some pretty expansive vocabularies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Estive View Post
                Haha, good job. Looking forward to seeing more records broken!
                Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 5.56.17 PM.png

Uh oh, the floodgates are opening!!

Comment

• Well there's motivation for me to do better.

Comment

• I have no idea how you do it

Comment

• March 2021 was a month like no other for me playing Wordtwist. It's very unlikely there'll be another like it for me. I set a goal of attaining 2,000 best/longest word records to beat my previous best 3 years ago of 1,225 records in a month. I finished the month with 2,331 records set and retained as shown by the attachments. (1,272 of them were for words I had never played before. 68% were for 26+ pt words, 17 % for 21-25 pt words and 15% for 16-20 pts words.) I found a 52 pt word, 2 50 pt words and 2 48 pt words. Also, I reached 35k 5x5 longest/best word records and 45k 4x4 and 5x5 lifetime records.

It was a ton of fun but having to average 70 or more a day became like reporting for a job around the 20th. Then I started finding the high scoring words and that rejuvenated me. So now I will gladly rest on my laurels for probably another 3 years.

END OF DAY FEB 28.jpg END OF DAY MARCH 31, 2021.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                        March 2021 was a month like no other for me playing Wordtwist. It's very unlikely there'll be another like it for me. I set a goal of attaining 2,000 best/longest word records to beat my previous best 3 years ago of 1,225 records in a month. I finished the month with 2,331 records set and retained as shown by the attachments. (1,272 of them were for words I had never played before. 68% were for 26+ pt words, 17 % for 21-25 pt words and 15% for 16-20 pts words.) I found a 52 pt word, 2 50 pt words and 2 48 pt words. Also, I reached 35k 5x5 longest/best word records and 45k 4x4 and 5x5 lifetime records.

It was a ton of fun but having to average 70 or more a day became like reporting for a job around the 20th. Then I started finding the high scoring words and that rejuvenated me. So now I will gladly rest on my laurels for probably another 3 years.

END OF DAY FEB 28.jpg END OF DAY MARCH 31, 2021.jpg
                        How do you even know how to look for these words? That's fascinating!

Comment

• I don't think I've ever met the 51 game requirement ahead of the 15th of the month since I started playing in the 5X5 grids. I did it this month though! I still need a few more great games to get my career average to 900 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisul View Post

How do you even know how to look for these words? That's fascinating!
                            I've played 75k games on this website and I've learned which letters often go with others for long words. I look for prefixes, roots and suffixes and then see if I can build out from there. I used to start at the upper left corner of the board and scan across to the right and then down. But in the last year or so (not sure when, happened gradually) I take a visual snapshot of the board and I often seem to know what word, prefix or suffix is there w/o moving my eyes to find it. Then I do physically find it and try to build a longer word. I know the long word in many boards I played in the past because I somehow remember certain aspects of its layout (like in some of the videos I posted). I don't know how it works. Sometimes my eyes are drawn to a certain area on the board. One game the fragment I noticed was trib. I told myself the word is contributor. Then I had an argument that it could be distribute or tribulation. It was contributor. It's not something I set out to achieve. I imagine many people could develop the same abilities with experience.

To be at the top of my game I need to play a lot. It seems my mind becomes more creative in finding and building words the more I play. Last month I played 1,286 games. There were 7 days I set 98+ or more records. I recall one day that when I totaled the numbers from the previous day I thought, "What??! How did that happen?" I set 102 and it seemed relatively easy compared to other days. (That said, I think I was offered a lot of games with higher scoring words in them. On another day I only managed 44 and was frustrated that I found so many long words of low pt value and had to dump the game.) One month for something different I alternated between playing for 4x4 and 5x5 records a week at a time. I noticed my 5x5 word finding skills diminished. So I quit that and it took me about 2 weeks to get back to normal.

Edit: Just to bring some balance: of course I don't find every available best/longest word on every board. I get skunked plenty of times and my records are sometimes bettered by others.
                            Last edited by lalatan; 04-16-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 1.00.37 PM.png

Ugh...I thought for sure my last game would get me over this hump.

This is my career average score, not my average for this month.

Comment

• Here's a near accomplishment, I was halfway through typing in the new record longest word when time ran out. Frustrating!
                                word.PNG

Comment

Working...
                                X