Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.53.49 AM.png

I finally moved into the #2 spot. Who. Does. Number. Two. Work. For?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
      Here's a near accomplishment, I was halfway through typing in the new record longest word when time ran out. Frustrating!
      word.PNG
      Let me guess, NONMEASURABLENESSES?

Comment

• Deja vu? Does anyone else share my feeling that I sometimes recognize boards for a second or even third time? I see parts of words that seem in the same orientation on boards. That's OK by me, but it didn't feel this way before the new boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by snsmithaz View Post
          Deja vu? Does anyone else share my feeling that I sometimes recognize boards for a second or even third time? I see parts of words that seem in the same orientation on boards. That's OK by me, but it didn't feel this way before the new boards.
          Yes. From my previous post in this thread: I know the long word in many boards I played in the past because I somehow remember certain aspects of its layout (like in some of the videos I posted).

It's an interesting development. My wife who took psychology says it's your brain building new connections.
          Last edited by lalatan; 04-24-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by snsmithaz View Post
            Deja vu? Does anyone else share my feeling that I sometimes recognize boards for a second or even third time? I see parts of words that seem in the same orientation on boards. That's OK by me, but it didn't feel this way before the new boards.
            Whatever changes they've made, I'm actually ok with it. Overall, the boards seem more difficult, but at the same time, I've had more 1000 point games this month than I've ever had.

Comment

• I once read some bestseller neuroscience book conveying the forming of connections. I've had that kind of feeling in (similar?) areas such playing chess, playing piano, doing math; seeing likely moves at a glance, envisioning a moving line, conceiving a possible proof. Many years neglect or instant emotional trauma diminished or broke connections such that I could not envision, do or create at the same level upon trying again. In one case I worked for many years to recover to a similar level, probably longer than forming the connections initially and more incremental brute force than an effortless leap landing softly into my consciousness. Lacking historical data, these are but fleeting nonmeasurablenesses of which I speak. Or it might just be my tendencies toward overimpressionablenesses. Aw, snap, enough with the overintellectualizations.
              Last edited by BoggleOtaku; 04-24-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisul View Post
                Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.53.49 AM.png

I finally moved into the #2 spot. Who. Does. Number. Two. Work. For?
                I think the next milestone I hit will be my last on here for a while. I'm spending way too much time playing. Next month I will likely get to the 2 million point mark for 5X5 and that seems like a pretty good time to take a break. I am sure I'll be back after that, but it definitely feels like I'm playing this way too much.

Comment

• Meteor: a shooting star, a fiery streak, something or someone that moves with spectacular speed. The Lyrids shower puts on a spectacular display and is suddenly gone, but will surely be back again.

(Not to be confused with meatier - having more meat.)
                  Last edited by BoggleOtaku; 04-25-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• I can relate to much of what has been shared by Brisul and BoggleOtaku. The woodenheadednesses exhibited by us boggle addicts as we continue to hit that "Play 5x5" over and over starts to supercede the levelheadednesses of said group and we slide into addiction. Congrats Brisul on your accomplishments - I can't even imagine the nonoverintellectualization that you must exhibit in order to bang out 200 words in 3 minutes.

Comment

• I hit a personal milestone over the weekend with my combined 10,000th record for Best and Longest Word. I was working hard toward that goal this month, as my tired hands will attest ;-D

10000 bests.png

Comment

• Just hit 100,000 points for this month. That is the first time I've played enough games in the 5x5 grids to score that high. Not only that, but this is the second highest average I've ever had and it's only good for 5th place this month in a crowded field. Amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                          Meteor: a shooting star, a fiery streak, something or someone that moves with spectacular speed. The Lyrids shower puts on a spectacular display and is suddenly gone, but will surely be back again.

(Not to be confused with meatier - having more meat.)
                          And not at all the same as metier, though I'm no expert.

Comment

• I got a new high this month! Still can't break 1300 though, sigh.

Comment

• Did you used to play as Estivate before they redid the server? If yes, you've steadily improved and I'm sure you'll break 1300 at some point. I'm too old to type as fast as you

Comment

• Originally posted by Estive View Post
                                I got a new high this month! Still can't break 1300 though, sigh.
                                Oh man! That's heartbreaking to be that close too! No doubt you'll get it...maybe before the month is over!

Comment

Working...
                                X