X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 12.43.28 AM.png

Finally!

Comment

• I found a 54 pt word today so I was the first to find a 50, 52 and 54 pt word. As shown in 1 attachment below both Spike and RussDNails were so very close. I was fortunate to win the luck of the draw on all 3 of them. My thanks to you, MegaWord, for sharing the link to the mammoth words list.

54 PTS QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIONTHS.jpg FIRST TO FIND 54 PT WORD 2021-5-13.png

Comment

• Nice work Lalatan...............if I had to put money on anybody it would have been you! They should make Wordtwist like Scrabble: 50 bonus points for using all the letters

You think this is the upper limit?

Comment

• Wwhat? How? Mind blown!

Comment

• I don't think I can even pronounce that, let alone spell that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
              Nice work Lalatan...............if I had to put money on anybody it would have been you! They should make Wordtwist like Scrabble: 50 bonus points for using all the letters

Thanks Russ. I support getting a bonus for using all the letters. I actually thought that when I first found a 25 letter word on Wordtwist. (Typing this now triggered a memory of when I played POLESTAR in Scrabble back in the 90's. I got 2 triple word scores and wound up with 140 pts, my best scoring word ever in that game.)

MegaWord correctly predicted there would likely be a 54 pt word. When I found QUINQUAQUINQUAGINTILLIARD (52/25) I thought that would be the one since there are 4 q's in the word. But apparently 2 q's and an x outrank it. I do think 54 pts is the ceiling now. None of the other available words have as many "special characters" as those 2.

kate, it's the same drill as usual: learn the prefixes and their order. When I see quinqua- on a board it gets my full attention because there's going to be something big there. (I suspect your comment was rhetorical but I typed this just in case.)

flopsy, the first i and a are short vowels and the g is soft. (I know you were dying to know. ) The only time I say the word is when I tell my wife I found it. Beyond that I don't expect to use it. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                Nice work Lalatan...............if I had to put money on anybody it would have been you! They should make Wordtwist like Scrabble: 50 bonus points for using all the letters

Thanks Russ. I support getting a bonus for using all the letters. I actually thought that when I first found a 25 letter word on Wordtwist. (Typing this now triggered a memory of when I played POLESTAR in Scrabble back in the 90's. I got 2 triple word scores and wound up with 140 pts, my best scoring word ever in that game.)

MegaWord correctly predicted there would likely be a 54 pt word. When I found QUINQUAQUINQUAGINTILLIARD (52/25) I thought that would be the one since there are 4 q's in the word. But apparently 2 q's and an x outrank it. I do think 54 pts is the ceiling now. None of the other available words have as many "special characters" as those 2.

kate, thanks for the comment.

flopsy, the first i and a are short vowels and the g is soft. (I know you were dying to know. ) The only time I say the word is when I tell my wife I found it. Beyond that I don't expect to use it. lol
                Last edited by lalatan; 05-14-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Woo hoo! I joined the QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTH club today! :-D Good thing I like to check out the best word lists so I was aware it even exists :-)

Comment

• I broke through the 1,000 point barrier in 5x5 for the first time today. Scored 1,052. Absolutely chuffed!

Comment

• Very nice! Good job.

Comment

• flopsy, the first i and a are short vowels and the g is soft. (I know you were dying to know. ) The only time I say the word is when I tell my wife I found it. Beyond that I don't expect to use it. lol

Had to chuckle at that...very helpful...I think I will die someday, still not knowing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                          I broke through the 1,000 point barrier in 5x5 for the first time today. Scored 1,052. Absolutely chuffed!
                          As well you should be. Perhaps one day I will break 800, but I'm not expecting it any time soon. No way I will touch 1,000 unless the timer breaks and allows me unlimited time on a really good board. That has happened, but not ever for me and not recently for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisul View Post
                            OMG That's crazy! What does that word even mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                              I found a 54 pt word today so I was the first to find a 50, 52 and 54 pt word. As shown in 1 attachment below both Spike and RussDNails were so very close. I was fortunate to win the luck of the draw on all 3 of them. My thanks to you, MegaWord, for sharing the link to the mammoth words list.

54 PTS QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIONTHS.jpg FIRST TO FIND 54 PT WORD 2021-5-13.png
                              Apparently you can't quote 2 different people in the same response. Yet my thought it the same ...

OMG That's crazy! What does that word even mean?

Comment

• Heck & I was excited about this one :

WT 4x4 Tpts 106 Wrds 27 BnL wrds 6Grapey 10pts w 10 uniques 04.05.21.png

Congrats on an AMAZING accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X