Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2cute View Post
    OMG That's crazy! What does that word even mean?
    Thanks 2cute. It's the name of an extremely small number (with the "ths" removed it's an extremely large number). I can't find a definition for this particular word. The closest I've come is a Wikipedia article on large number names that states "quinsexagintilliard" is 1 to the 393 power. (Why they'd want a name for that particular number is beyond me.)

I think it's good to get excited when you achieve something you haven't done before. For me it's reaching another 1k level of best/longest word records (I'm currently at 38k) since it's taken me up 5 years to get there. So congrats on your achievements and enjoy the games.
    Last edited by lalatan; 05-24-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post

Thanks 2cute. It's the name of an extremely small number (with the "ths" removed it's an extremely large number). I can't find a definition for this particular word. The closest I've come is a Wikipedia article on large number names that states "quinsexagintilliard" is 1 to the 393 power. (Why they'd want a name for that particular number is beyond me.)

I think it's good to get excited when you achieve something you haven't done before. For me it's reaching another 1k level of best/longest word records (I'm currently at 38k) since it's taken me up 5 years to get there. So congrats on your achievements and enjoy the games.
      Good point and Congratulations. Thank you for the definition. I am trying to increase my vocabulary, though I don't know if I'll remember that one.

Hey, just curious, how did you make your graphic so big? I realize my graphic is waayy too small to even be legible. Yet its exactly the screen print of what I accomplished.

Comment

• After I upload an attachment from my PC hard drive I select an insert size of "small." If you don't like the look of your image in the post, just remove and then select different sizes until you see what you like.

Comment

After I upload an attachment from my PC hard drive I select an insert size of "small." If you don't like the look of your image in the post, just remove and then select different sizes until you see what you like.
          Ohhh, ok, I'll try that next time, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2cute View Post

Ohhh, ok, I'll try that next time, thanks!
            I was interested in the question and waited for the answer. And now that I have it, I'm happy for 2cute that it's what you needed. I probably won't be posting any screen images, because I haven't even the vaguest idea what the answer means or what to do. I suspect there is so little I understand about all the underlying tools and processes that it would be a vain effort to try to educate me -- or, at least a very tedious job. Ah, well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

I was interested in the question and waited for the answer. And now that I have it, I'm happy for 2cute that it's what you needed. I probably won't be posting any screen images, because I haven't even the vaguest idea what the answer means or what to do. I suspect there is so little I understand about all the underlying tools and processes that it would be a vain effort to try to educate me -- or, at least a very tedious job. Ah, well.
              Thanks bwt1213. I take a screen print (since I use an iMac) by pressing Command+Shift+Number 4 & then I can collect just a portion of my screen, in this case, the game board. I don't know how to do that on a PC. Usually on a PC you can collect the entire screen just by pressing the Screen Print button on the keyboard & I can do that too if I wanted. That would be Command+Shift+Number 3. Course when I did create a portion of the screen to show all of you my achievement, it came out too small (as you can see above). So according to lalatan I can choose the size when selecting my image. I haven't tried it yet, so I couldn't tell you if its possible for me. I did come up w/another idea. I can make an image larger by selecting it & then pressing my spacebar. So then I could take a screen print portion of that & maybe it would come out larger. Don't know, again, as I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

• I have discovered something interesting. Suppose I have something on the screen and it's too small to see easily. Hold down the ctrl key and use the scroll on your mouse to make the picture larger or smaller. I could make your bird picture fill the whole screen, and I could easily read all the type on the screen print image that started this discussion. The expanded print size is effective only for the forum, too. It doesn't mess up the font size on the game boards. This is true only on Windows computers; I don't have an Apple.

Comment

• I take a screenshot of the whole screen, paste into a paint or photo editing program, crop it, save it to a jpeg file, upload it to my post and select "small" insert size.

2cute: I surmise your attachment was too low a resolution (probably since you selected a small portion of the screen to copy). I found that if the jpeg file size is at least 100k-200k, the image won't look grainy like yours was.

bwt: the Upload Attachment button is below the text box you use to type a post. Once you click it, find your file and upload it, the insert size options show up.

Comment

• Out of the 186 words I found on a Fasteddieb board, there was only one I found that he didn't. Just one

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 4.22.19 PM.png

Comment

bwt: the Upload Attachment button is below the text box you use to type a post. Once you click it, find your file and upload it, the insert size options show up.
                      The key here is "find your file". What file? How did that happen? Another thing -- when I have had my computer save a file for me, I usually find it several years later by accident and never before. I try not to do that; I don't need more frustration in my life.

Comment

• Today I managed to type all of [esses, esse, eses, sese, sess, sesses] without typoing or breaking rhythm.

thank you, thank you.

Comment

• I'm playing 4x4 again this month, pretty indiscriminately, and I'm usually just a bit above average if a game has been played more than 5 times when I stumble across it.
                          That's why I'm all the more chuffed when I manage to get more than 2 records on a board that's been played more than 10 times, and with an unbeatable 16 letter word to boot!
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I don't play 4x4, but QUASIEXACTNESSES at 36 points looks amazing! Have you ever seen a higher value word there?

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

The key here is "find your file". What file? How did that happen? Another thing -- when I have had my computer save a file for me, I usually find it several years later by accident and never before. I try not to do that; I don't need more frustration in my life.

LOL

You need to CHOOSE WHERE your file will SAVE, then you'll find it when you want it.

Comment

I take a screenshot of the whole screen, paste into a paint or photo editing program, crop it, save it to a jpeg file, upload it to my post and select "small" insert size.

2cute: I surmise your attachment was too low a resolution (probably since you selected a small portion of the screen to copy). I found that if the jpeg file size is at least 100k-200k, the image won't look grainy like yours was.

Bwt1213 next time I'll try something similar to the 'Control + Scroll Button' feature. I don't have a scroll button, I also use a iMac mouse, its much smaller & easier on my hands. I can scroll but not via a button. So I can make the entire screen larger by: Command and the + key. I don't know if that'll fix the graininess lalatan. I'm surprised it was grainy as I use a 27" screen that's 5120x2880 in size, most images are grainy to me since they are smaller than my screen. I think I just need to experiment w/different options & see which one works out best.

Thanks everyone for you suggestions, they are helpful.

BTW crazykate: your portion of your screen image is FANTASTIC. You've certainly figured out your graphics. Now if I could only remember Quasiexactnesses for the future, that's my challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X