No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's experiment #1 - I tried to make my graphic the size of an 8x10 sheet of paper and I changed it into a JPEG! Let's see how it worked out.

WT 5x5 Bwrd 7Skeered w 32 uniques SS in Word JPEG.jpg

Okay, it looks big ... let's see what happens when I post it.

Comment

• Do you have sore thumbs? [Sorry--can't find the threads any more.] Several years ago, after playing a few months, my thumbs hurt terribly. I got the doc to prescribe some braces. Then, in the pandemic, I put a 3" thick box under my laptop to look better on camera. My thumbs got better, and I no longer need the braces. Just saying. You might want to try it if you have sore thumbs, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2cute View Post
        Here's experiment #1 - I tried to make my graphic the size of an 8x10 sheet of paper and I changed it into a JPEG! Let's see how it worked out.

WT 5x5 Bwrd 7Skeered w 32 uniques SS in Word JPEG.jpg

Okay, it looks big ... let's see what happens when I post it.
        This looks great!

Comment

• Somehow I managed to play the same board twice (I didn't even realize it and I'm pretty sure I played it yesterday). Not sure whether to be happy that I beat my first score or sad that I apparently missed an enormous number of words that I found the first time. Is this a common bug? Or is it a feature that eventually you'll get the same board twice?

samegame twice.png

edit: imgur: https://imgur.com/a/As5Bq1F

Last edited by jipkin2; 06-12-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• That happens surprisingly often considering how many boards there must be. I don't think I've gotten that twice in a row, but I have seen it with just a few boards in between.

Comment

• Finding TRYPANOSOMIASIS has to be up there on my list of accomplishments, seeing as it contains no common prefixes or suffixes and no sub-words longer than three letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrPlacebo View Post
                Finding TRYPANOSOMIASIS has to be up there on my list of accomplishments, seeing as it contains no common prefixes or suffixes and no sub-words longer than three letters.
                Let's hope that the new scoring system gives a word like that full credit. I have actually seen the word and I think I know what it means. But if it appeared on any board I might play I think the chances of me finding it would be really close to zero. You deserve an award. Nope, make that two. One for knowing it and one for finding it. Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Let's hope that the new scoring system gives a word like that full credit. I have actually seen the word and I think I know what it means. But if it appeared on any board I might play I think the chances of me finding it would be really close to zero. You deserve an award. Nope, make that two. One for knowing it and one for finding it. Huzzah!
                  It actually isn't ultra rare under current scoring (it's currently listed as rare). That said, I get more enjoyment from finding difficult words than scoring a ton of points, so I don't care that much about how it's scored.

Comment

• Originally posted by jipkin2 View Post
                    Somehow I managed to play the same board twice (I didn't even realize it and I'm pretty sure I played it yesterday). Not sure whether to be happy that I beat my first score or sad that I apparently missed an enormous number of words that I found the first time. Is this a common bug? Or is it a feature that eventually you'll get the same board twice?

edit: imgur: https://imgur.com/a/As5Bq1F

Wow! I would love to get a board with my name as the 'best of'. That's never happened for me. Congrats or your serendipitous achievement.

BTW, thanks for the link. While your image is too blurry for me to read in this thread, its sharp on the link.

Comment

• zlO1ptS.png

First 150 for me (I think). Definitely first board over 800 (almost 900!). Shout out to the letter "K". There are a lot of weird words that I don't know that score very well that start with K.

imgur: https://imgur.com/a/ZR93AIp

Comment

• Originally posted by jipkin2 View Post
                        zlO1ptS.png

First 150 for me (I think). Definitely first board over 800 (almost 900!). Shout out to the letter "K". There are a lot of weird words that I don't know that score very well that start with K.

imgur: https://imgur.com/a/ZR93AIp
                        I LOVE that board! I hope I get it soon! Great job

Comment

• Finally!.PNG

Only took me six years............my photo editing skills suck but if you look real close I was able to top MegaWord on a 5 x 5 grid.............fasteddieb and Estive look out

Comment

• Way to go Russ! Onwards and upwards!

Also, congrats to floppers on winning your first competition trophy last month!
                            Last edited by lalatan; 06-23-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Finally broke 200 words on 5x5. Personal best points as well, but that didn't surprise me as much — lately it seems I trend towards more and more points/word, but my typing if anything feels slower than in the past. My style is just to play every board, so I always feel a little behind the ball on these gigantic boards.

The game didn't even feel that remarkable, just kept typing. You never know, I guess!

Comment

• Originally posted by erakis17 View Post
                                Finally broke 200 words on 5x5. Personal best points as well, but that didn't surprise me as much — lately it seems I trend towards more and more points/word, but my typing if anything feels slower than in the past. My style is just to play every board, so I always feel a little behind the ball on these gigantic boards.

The game didn't even feel that remarkable, just kept typing. You never know, I guess!
                                Congratulations! And don't worry that I will surpass that mark. I haven't reached 150 yet. There's the old story about the turtle and the hare, but this turtle has arthritis and his vision is getting worse, too. You're safe from me!

Comment

Working...
                                X