No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second 4x4 game I played tonight was fun. I came up with two new words on a puzzle that had been played over 30 times, bring the total of words played to exactly 100 out of 105 possible. The two new words were obsession and obsessions. The latter word set a new record on the puzzle. Happy to get one of those occasionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by oddcouple View Post
      Second 4x4 game I played tonight was fun. I came up with two new words on a puzzle that had been played over 30 times, bring the total of words played to exactly 100 out of 105 possible. The two new words were obsession and obsessions. The latter word set a new record on the puzzle. Happy to get one of those occasionally.
      It's those little achievements that make life pleasant. The game makes them clear, unlike the more mundane and transient moments in life.

Comment

• Got another one tonight. A puzzle that had been solved over twenty time and I came up with three unique words, one of which gave me both longest word and highest scoring word. The three words were unusual, unusualness, and unusualnesses. 6points, 20 points, and 26 points respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Congratulations. That thrill of getting a new personal best...

A couple of new players are definitely incredible. They're crushing flesh and blood. Even Megaword must feel humbled. It's almost like watching Marvel characters. The Wordtwist version of Cosplay.

Just ran across a game by asdf. Surprised his games are still in play. With the new boards his score was no longer perfect--he had 118 words verses the 128 now available. The new crew could probably zap-pow-bam! that easily.

Brings back memories of first encountering Wordtwist. I would watch my wife play and noticed Unbeatable always got perfect boards. Guess that skill set will always be with us.

User names ... reincarnation?

What can you say.

Il faut cultiver notre jardin.

Did you ever get around to reading The Art of Learning? Another of my favorite books.
          Hi Naboka, happy playing as usual. I hope all has been well with you. I have not had a chance to read The Art of Learning as there are a few others I've been meaning to read first. On the WordTwist note, I've hung up my 5X5 hat for the time being. My hands are starting to hurt playing so much, but maybe I'll revisit 5X5 in the future.

Comment

• I'm going to pat myself on the back for
            Best word: TOADLETS (14 pts.) New record!
            Longest word: TOADLETS (8 letters) New record!

Game had been played 12+ times. It is considered an ultra-rare word, but it is a fairly common one in this household, particularly when the tiny toadlets show up in the garden. I think the nearest breeding site is about 1/4 mi away, 200 ft lower elevation. It always amazes me to think of them climbing the hill. Why? Are there so many that the pressure from those just transformed and leaving the water keeps pushing the earlier metamorphs further, thus higher?

I haven't been here much lately, so it was enjoyable to catch up a bit on posts. Take care, all!

Comment

• Maybe this should be under a heading: failed achievements and accomplishments.

Next to the last item on my bucket list is to outscore ThunderRock in a game. Just seems fair considering the endless stream of games he's topped me on.

This is the second time that hurried fingers led to failure on a possible win. The first time I only missed by 5 points but had "typed in" several words that didn't enter. This time I was off by 20 points, but know that I "typed" resiles (12 points) rassle (10) sease (8) cens (6) and lessers (12). (Also tried lesserness, but it ain't a word, so...)

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Damn those fumbly fingers.

Maybe I should call the brother-in-law and reinstall those word boosts that would make typing completely unnecessary.

I could use my nose...or tongue...to activate that single key.

Take that, stupid fingers!

Who needs you?

Oh well, guess there's some solace in finding the best and longest words after the game had been played 40 times.

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 6.28.49 PM.png
              ps: this board demonstrates the recycle thresholds for 4x4. It's 41 games played or 701 points.
              Last edited by Naboka; 04-27-2024, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X