No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every once in a while, I can pull something on one of the really GOOD players:

Total points: 802
    Total words: 80 (37 common,17 wide,7 rare,19 ultra rare)
    Best word: QUANTIZERS (25 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: QUANTIZERS (10 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:
    Played: 1 times
    Average Score: 1120.5 points
    Average Words: 149.5 words
    High Score: 1439 points by fasteddieb
    Most Words: 219 words by fasteddieb
    Best Word: SQUATTIEST (22 pts) by fasteddieb
    Longest Word: SQUATTIEST (10 letters) by fasteddieb

Yup, fasteddieb, you squashed me. I wasn't going to get anywhere near 219 words, and I'm pleased to get more than 50% of your score. But you didn't find *my* word. And I did get a higher average points per word than you. Nope, I didn't find "squattiest", either. I know, these are small triumphs. But I'll take what I can get.

Comment

• My, how things have changed. In February of 2018, I was able to place 2nd in scoring with an 876 average. Fast forward to May of 2024 and I needed an 1130 average to squeeze in to 2nd place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisul View Post
        My, how things have changed. In February of 2018, I was able to place 2nd in scoring with an 876 average. Fast forward to May of 2024 and I needed an 1130 average to squeeze in to 2nd place.
        Play has gotten much, much better over the years. Players have upped their game and there are a bunch of very good new players. The new word list and the new rules foe retiring boards help too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyb View Post

Play has gotten much, much better over the years. Players have upped their game and there are a bunch of very good new players. The new word list and the new rules foe retiring boards help too.
          In March of 2014, I placed #1 in the total points for the month. Last month, that number of points would have placed me fourth, with fewer than half as many points as the May leader. As recently as 2020, I placed second and that same total would have made me a distant fourth last month. All the other scores have improved to at least the same degree.

Comment

• A suggestion: It would be nice if legacy records could be kept for all the boards and made available for the user to see after the game had been played. So the player could see who had the all-time best score for each category for that board. So I could know, for example, that this board I played for the first time had been previously played by joecool and who scored a thousand more points than I did, and marthacool had found a word three letters longer and 8 points more than mine, etc. Those legacy records would not affect the high score for the board on this go-around for any category, but just be available for general interest and information after the board had been played.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
              Every once in a while, I can pull something on one of the really GOOD players:

Yup, fasteddieb, you squashed me. I wasn't going to get anywhere near 219 words, and I'm pleased to get more than 50% of your score. But you didn't find *my* word. And I did get a higher average points per word than you. Nope, I didn't find "squattiest", either. I know, these are small triumphs. But I'll take what I can get.
              bwt, quantizers is an awesome find.
              I always see you on boards having found really good words. And you always have high average scores. I really love your game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fasteddieb View Post

bwt, quantizers is an awesome find.
                I always see you on boards having found really good words. And you always have high average scores. I really love your game.
                It's nice to see Fast Eddie weighing in on the discussion here!

Comment

• I'm by no means in the same league as most players in this thread, but today I outdid myself by a long shot. Since 6x6 was introduced, I managed to get into the low to mid 600s. That in itself was an achievement for me. I played a game just now that blew my socks off. I can't believe that I flew right past the 700s and landed in the 800s. I was so shocked to see my score. I've taken a picture and posted here because 6x6 doesn't keep any game stats at the moment. Without a picture or post, by tomorrow I will have convinced myself that I dreamt it all

image.png

Comment

• Ever play a game and think you've done badly only to be pleasantly surprised?

Wading through all sorts of possibilities for -izes and - izers I was pretty sure I'm come a cropper. In fact I was thinking about dumping the game halfway through because of all the miscues. But, I was having fun and figured I might find something really interesting. Didn're really; but beat my personal record for points per word. It was 9.79 and this hit 9.8375.

Would have been nice to have gotten another 12 words at that rate to finally hit 900. sigh. maybe some day.
                    Screen Shot 2024-06-12 at 2.10.06 PM.png .

Time to go plant a couple dozen hosta I've been putting off. Or build the floating mantle the wife has been on me about. Or rebuild the gates that have started to sag. So many things I've been putting off. Which to chose? Ah, that's a tough one. Think I'll eat some left over pizza and think about it. Maybe read a novel and wait for the gods to send me an answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X