X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not...

could...

NOT... !!!!!!

frigging find the keys so far today. Every board was a disaster. The mind was foggy. The fingers were all drunk and unavailable. An utter mess.

The worst playing day in months.

So, went out and tore out a sagging double-hung gate, replumbed/reinforced/reclad the support posts, made a couple of new gates with new hardware, and wondered why this was so unchallenging when...

At least, now we can get the bobcat back and forth.

sigh

Then, this morning the wife informed me one of the toilets had stopped filling . So replaced the fill valve. Most of us are prone to taking modern conveniences like toilets for granted. Until...you don't have one.

Such easy things to do.

But not playing this game.

At least, not today.

Was about to throw the computer against the wall in frustration.

Until this game. Not a high scorer especially, but there's something satisfying and rewarding about gettng green stars when the game's been played 40 times.

It's like being a gambler, losing for days in a row, then hitting a jackpot.

Just one more.

Just one...

Or an alcoholic on the wagon, smelling whiskey.

If this were Wordtwist Anonymous, I would have to confess, "hello, my name is Naboka, and I have an addiction."

It's a good thing there are gates and toilets to fix.

Green stars. Maybe next game...

Just one more.

Screen Shot 2024-07-14 at 1.28.38 PM.png

Comment

• What an interesting best word, even by your standards.

As addictions go, I think this is a healthy one.

Comment

• I may have forgotten a lot from the two years I was in med school (almost 20 years ago now), but I remembered enough to get PARACOCCIDIOIDOMYCOSIS.

Comment

• Well, I wasn't going to get 132 words. But I didn't need that many. And I was fortunate; the board had only been played 7 times before. I think all my records will fall before the board is retired, but I'll be happy to hold them for a little while. My efforts on the 4x4 game seem to help me on the 5x5. Anyone else notice this effect?

Total points:
          884 New record!
          Total words: 76 (30 common,10 wide,7 rare,29 ultra rare)
          Best word: QUANTISERS (22 pts.) New record!
          Longest word: QUANTISERS (10 letters) New record!

PUZZLE STATS:
          Played: 7 times
          Average Score: 565.2 points
          Average Words: 81.9 words
          High Score: 846 points by ba
          Most Words: 132 words by ba
          Best Word: SQUALLERS (20 pts) by l
          Longest Word: RESETTING (9 letters) by l

Comment

• I didn't play much in August, but it turns out taking a bit of a break did my poor fingers some good

Total words: 172 (94 common,37 wide,5 rare,36 ultra rare) New record!

Comment

• Originally posted by tufts View Post
              I didn't play much in August, but it turns out taking a bit of a break did my poor fingers some good

Total words: 172 (94 common,37 wide,5 rare,36 ultra rare) New record!
              Very impressive! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
              X