Very impressive, and congratulations, Naboka! I always knew you were destined to become a big fish.
I bested my previous high score playing 4X4, and just barely missed being a member of the 700 club (699). I also bested my longest word/highest word score playing 5X5 (REINSTITUTIONALIZATIONS) 23 letters, 47 points. Of course the word had already been found, but the icing on the cake was getting the high score on that grid, and besting a 5X5 big fish.
As always, happy playing.
Achievements and Accomplishments Thread
Collapse
X
-
A streak resulting from the unintended consequence of obsessively analyzing systems and trying to figure out how to improve performance.
All streaks must end. The wife informed me that she's not getting a share of the gold, and the husband has far too many things to do to be wasting his time with computer games.
Leave a comment:
-
Don't worry that gold us safe. You are on a nice little streak.
Leave a comment:
-
Wow! It took me a second read to really grasp what you're saying. That's some impressive memory.Naboka, as I have said before, you have moved up another level. Congratulations on an impressive morning.
This morning I have had some very good openings with my initial look at the board. Scored 387 and 353 points before taking a second glimpse at the board. I was close to 300 points on four other occasions. I should learn how to type!
Your method was one of the inspirations for the hybrid approach I've developed. Unable to read quickly made memorizing numerous overlapping anagrams necessary. So looking at the board constantly wasn't necessary.
Yeah, learning to type helps. But later in life, it's not as easy as it was. The fine motor skills seem more elusive. My typing has improved a lot, but it's still inconsistent. I'll get in a rush and the trashcans start rattling down the alley.
Seems to come in phases of competence and incompetence. One day typing is sooooo easy, then the next the fingers won't cooperate at all. And the brain is wondering "where is the 'b' key again?"
Ps: I'm just tapping through games to find ones where I have the record to see if I can beat them. So I'm playing very few games--just 4 this morning so far. Now would be the time to turn on the jets if you're wanting the gold.Last edited by Naboka; 03-28-2022, 10:33 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Naboka, as I have said before, you have moved up another level. Congratulations on an impressive morning.
This morning I have had some very good openings with my initial look at the board. Scored 387 and 353 points before taking a second glimpse at the board. I was close to 300 points on four other occasions. I should learn how to type!Leave a comment:
























Leave a comment: