• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbud1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Naboka View Post
    image_678.png Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.42.57 PM.png

Sooooo close. Would have been my third 600 pointer this month.

And the saddest thing is I know I typed in the following words. No doubt. Saw them and typed them and ignored them when I saw them again. Wisses, sweel, rostis.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.43.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.43.54 PM.png

Not to mention a couple of 3 pointers.

Curses fingers! A pox upon you!

Oh wait. Belay that! Uncurse you!

I need them to eat.

And pick my nose.
    Ahh shucks, that's a great score, nonetheless. I haven't hit 600 this month, but I haven't been playing as much. I've also been grappling with trying to find the longest word vs. the most points/highest score more than usual. I don't ever expect to see a gold star at the end of the game, but I try.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    image_678.png Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.42.57 PM.png

Sooooo close. Would have been my third 600 pointer this month.

And the saddest thing is I know I typed in the following words. No doubt. Saw them and typed them and ignored them when I saw them again. Wisses, sweel, rostis.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.43.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.43.54 PM.png

Not to mention a couple of 3 pointers.

Curses fingers! A pox upon you!

Oh wait. Belay that! Uncurse you!

I need them to eat.

And pick my nose.
    Last edited by Naboka; 12-20-2021, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied
    Thanks, Naboka.

Haha, how about that? I hope all is well, and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post
    Naboka

Hey Naboka, hope all is well, and happy playing! This was one of those grids where I felt there was a high scoring word and spent more time trying to find the longest word as opposed to the most points. You had the highest score and most words. Congrats!

Total points: 306
    Total words: 58 (22 common,10 wide,4 rare,22 ultra rare)
    Best word: BRAVEHEARTEDNESS (30 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: BRAVEHEARTEDNESS (16 letters) New record!
    Good find.

Just after I read this, another of your best words showed up on a board.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 8.51.10 AM.png

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied
    Naboka

Hey Naboka, hope all is well, and happy playing! This was one of those grids where I felt there was a high scoring word and spent more time trying to find the longest word as opposed to the most points. You had the highest score and most words. Congrats!

Total points: 306
    Total words: 58 (22 common,10 wide,4 rare,22 ultra rare)
    Best word: BRAVEHEARTEDNESS (30 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: BRAVEHEARTEDNESS (16 letters) New record!

Leave a comment:

• 2cute
    replied
    Originally posted by rosedraws View Post
    OOH! I hit one of my goals! I like playing long words and also playing for points. I pretty much never beat Lalatan or the other big word players, but I can *match* them sometimes. So, to give myself a target, I want to at least match the big word AND get the high points. I finally got one today! woohoo!
    Wow, that's amazing! I had to look back @ your board 3 times to follow your demarginalization Rose. I know your 400+ points was your goal & congrats. I'm just amazed how someone can follow the letters like a maze around the puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• ThunderRock
    replied
    Thankyou lalatan, while there is so much destruction still to this day down by the coast and even in the city of New Orleans, and along the gulf coast, I have faired a lot better than most. So, we relish this time of the year and start holding our breath when mid summer approaches. Between the hurricanes, covid restrictions and employment problems resulting from both, it has been real tough on small business owners and ALL business owners. So many have gone out of business and will never come back. Sad times.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    It has been interesting to see the growth in WordTwist players the last few years. Some you lose track of for a while and, like a kid who has had a growth spurt, you see their stats again and marvel how they've grown. Even the top players have upped their game to new heights. I wonder where the ceiling is. It's remarkable what can be achieved when you just keep at it.

Congrats to kate on setting a new personal best for words/game.
    ThunderRock, it's good to see you've made it through the many hurricanes that battered your region and to see you're still thunderrocking pts and words stats!

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by crazykate View Post
    Oooo, I got over 600 points again, and I never thought this would happen, Naboka:
    Wow! That's ...

Crazy!

And you didn't just beat it, you shattered it.

Thanks for sharing. I always wonder who broke my best scores and by how much.

Yesterday, I started out with 732 best scores, added about 7 throughout the day, but woke up this morning with only 722. That's 15-17 games where someone beat my best. "Boo-hoo," said the crocodile.

I've got a long way to go to even think about matching some of the people here. So many players that are better. But failure has always been part of success. Failures provide opportunities for learning and improvement.

Congratulations, Crazykate. Keep on trucking.

Leave a comment:

• ThunderRock
    replied
    Way to go Kate, keep it going !!

Leave a comment:

• crazykate
    replied
    Oooo, I got over 600 points again, and I never thought this would happen, Naboka:
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Just set my highest points per word for a single game: 6.714 points a word. Old best was 6.506 from a game with 77 words and 501 points.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 6.42.55 PM.png

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by crazykate View Post
    I've managed to get more than 600 points on 4x4!
    Awesome. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    I guess I should've added that the last time I looked at yr scorecard was probably 3 years ago(?). Congrats on your breakthrough to the 600 pts level from the mid 500's.
    Last edited by lalatan; 12-12-2021, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazykate
    replied
    Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    Way to go kate! Congrats! I think the last time I looked at your scorecard your high score was in the 400's. Looks like you've gotten a lot better.
    My last high score was actually in the mid-500s, but that high score stayed the same for many months. I actually matched my "most words" score at 126 words, but "last time" those 126 words were only worth 550 points or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X