X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyb View Post
    Naboka, congratulations on being in the top 10 in average score and points per word. 5.4 points per word while playing the number of games that you do is quite impressive. Good luck in what ever your goals are for this month.
    Thanks, Dannyb.

Your earlier post about making a run at 500 inspired the effort. Wouldn't have considered it otherwise.

Of course, had to dump lots of games to do it. (trying longer scientific/mathematical/medical terms here can be boom or bust.)

So, like most high average scores, it's a bit misleading.

A bit of a cheat.

But, hey, that's how it's played here, so...

(my goals this month: enjoy being outside more, and harvest the cantaloupe and watermelon we planted.)

Leave a comment:

• dannyb
    replied
    Naboka, congratulations on being in the top 10 in average score and points per word. 5.4 points per word while playing the number of games that you do is quite impressive. Good luck in what ever your goals are for this month.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by fasteddieb View Post

I have done it just once. In Feb 2016 for 5 x 5 I placed 7th in total points, 8th in average points per word, 1st in average score. However, I don't think it counts. I think that was the month that a bunch of the games got wiped out towards the end of the month so people were scrambling to play or others just gave up. The second highest average points per word month placing for me is 21st, so you can tell I'm not even close to top ten otherwise.
    I figured you were a top candidate after reading Lalatan's response that said you must know a lot of higher scoring words.

Looking through everyone's stats just seems too tedious, so thought I'd take the lazy way and just ask.

Leave a comment:

• fasteddieb
    replied
    Originally posted by Naboka View Post
    Has anyone ever placed in the top ten in both average score and average points per word?
    I have done it just once. In Feb 2016 for 5 x 5 I placed 7th in total points, 8th in average points per word, 1st in average score. However, I don't think it counts. I think that was the month that a bunch of the games got wiped out towards the end of the month so people were scrambling to play or others just gave up. The second highest average points per word month placing for me is 21st, so you can tell I'm not even close to top ten otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Has anyone ever placed in the top ten in both average score and average points per word?

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueSphere
    replied
    Originally posted by mdyak View Post

You are totally amazing and inspiring! I definitely continue to be inspired by what you do!

I'm familiar with triskaidekaphobics... what's the frigga part??
    relating to Friday, aka a fear of Friday the 13th

Leave a comment:

• fasteddieb
    replied
    Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    No, I did not notice that. But I have trained myself to completely ignore common word totals in puzzle stats. So that must've spilled over to game results.

I just had a look at fasteddieb's stats for this month. 66 5x5 games played, averages of 1,186 pts/game, 209 words and 5.672 pts/word. Absolutely remarkable. Seems like he knows lots of higher scoring words to attain those kinds of avgs.
    Thanks. I missed this post as I've been kind of busy with work and have not been reading the comments. If there were a 5-letter or 6-letter minimum version of this I would love to play it. I used to play 6-letter minimum word length games at lycos over 14 years ago. I started at 4-letter minimum then went to the 6-letter minimum rooms to get better at longer words. By the time I got used to it, I stopped going back to the 4-letter minimum word rooms. because I loved it so much I'm nowhere near some of you experts who get amazing ultra rare and long words but for someone who plays for getting the most words possible I do alright.

Leave a comment:

• mdyak
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
    A little late in the month, but I did just get FRIGGATRISKAIDEKAPHOBES.
    Would be awesome if you actually got it on the 13th!

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    A little late in the month, but I did just get FRIGGATRISKAIDEKAPHOBES.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    Originally posted by Naboka
    3rd and 4th 700 point games today.

These two just played back to back.

The third one was a personal high for the month.

Lalatan, as you predicted, getting close to 100 ultra-rare words for a game.
    Bravo, Naboka! For you to find that many ultra-rare words in 2 minutes is amazing!!

Leave a comment:

• dannyb
    replied
    Naboka, Nice job! I think you are ready to take a run at a month with a 500+ scoring average.

Leave a comment:

• DrPlacebo
    replied
    YOUR STATS:
    Total points: 360 New record!
    Total words: 50 (19 common,15 wide,3 rare,13 ultra rare) New record!
    Best word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (26 pts.)
    Longest word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (14 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:
    Played: 38 times
    Average Score: 169.9 points
    Average Words: 28.5 words
    High Score: 338 points by lbm67
    Most Words: 48 words by MegaWord
    Best Word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (26 pts) by isispj
    Longest Word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (14 letters) by isispj

Broke a MegaWord board record for the first time in months. It says something about MegaWord's standards that this is still a big accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• Guinevak
    replied
    I am proud of being the first to find "ovulatory" in that particular puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• bwt1213
    replied
    Originally posted by leabhar View Post
    Woohoo, I just broke my personal (and long standing record) for both best and longest word with “stroboscopical”. For most of you pesnuts, but I am very pleased with it.
    Congratulations! And I just played a game where the previous high was by estive, who managed 1114 points. I got 565, which meant I was more than 50%. I don't do that often against really good players, We take our achievements however they come, and our pleasures are not ruined by anyone else's judgement or achievements. Don't ever downplay something you did that pleased yourself. And know there are people who will take honest pleasure in knowing that you made a new high score, whatever it was. So, next time you make a new high, be sure to let the world know so we can cheer for you!

Leave a comment:

• leabhar
    replied
    Woohoo, I just broke my personal (and long standing record) for both best and longest word with “stroboscopical”. For most of you pesnuts, but I am very pleased with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X