X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

I'm part of the 600 club now! I just bested my previous highest score and word count. 632 points and 129 words! I know the high scores are only temporary; I'm just happy to be improving. Happy playing Naboka.

It was cooler today at 72.
    Awesome. Expect to see you hitting 700 some day.

Crazy how personal high scores can jump by large amounts. You look down and wonder WTF!

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Naboka View Post

There is at least one exception. I enjoy seeing when and how someone beat my scores. Doesn't embarrass me a bit. Just a learning experience that one can grow from.
    I'm part of the 600 club now! I just bested my previous highest score and word count. 632 points and 129 words! I know the high scores are only temporary; I'm just happy to be improving. Happy playing Naboka.

It was cooler today at 72.

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    I think it's good etiquette for you not to display the name of the person whose records you've beaten. It's something I've done over the years. (Possibly some exceptions exist; not going to check them all.) Therefore it used to irk me somewhat when someone exulted over beating me. But now I don't mind; it's sometimes an achievement for them that has taken a long time so I understand the celebration.

I enjoy blotting the records of anyone who has accused me of cheating over the years the most. TOOMANYCHEATERS eluded me for some time since he hardly ever sets any best/longest records but I finally got him a while ago. It's satisfying to better other long word players' records and any best word record over 20 pts.
    There is at least one exception. I enjoy seeing when and how someone beat my scores. Doesn't embarrass me a bit. Just a learning experience that one can grow from.

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied
    Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    I think it's good etiquette for you not to display the name of the person whose records you've beaten. It's something I've done over the years. (Possibly some exceptions exist; not going to check them all.) Therefore it used to irk me somewhat when someone exulted over beating me. But now I don't mind; it's sometimes an achievement for them that has taken a long time so I understand the celebration.

I enjoy blotting the records of anyone who has accused me of cheating over the years the most. TOOMANYCHEATERS eluded me for some time since he hardly ever sets any best/longest records but I finally got him a while ago. It's satisfying to better other long word players' records and any best word record over 20 pts.
    Thank you for responding. I will make sure not to do this again in the future. Happy playing, lalatan.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    Originally posted by mdyak View Post

Actually I played a game yesterday that had your name on it and 0 (ZERO) points! It made me worry what happened to you. Did you fall off your chair? The phone rang? The power went out? Or maybe you just pressed submit by mistake. It was a fun game with SUPERCYNICALNESSES, and I would have been happier matching you than worrying what happened to you!
    Thanks for your concern, mdyak. I probably have 3 of those games almost every week. It could be that the phone rings, my wife talks to me, I get a text and think I better check it, someone shows up at the door, the wifi craps out or I just get transfixed on finding a word and time expires. I used to think it was an embarrassing (still is somewhat) disaster but now my reaction is: Oh well...
    Also, nice word find. I found it before so probably would've seen it. I thought it should be worth more than 34 pts but maybe I'm being supercynical.
    Last edited by lalatan; 11-23-2021, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X