Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found this gem:
    LITHOTRIPSICALLY (30 pts.) New record!

I have no idea what it means, and it wasn't in the dictionary. None of the variations worked (ending on "ic", "ical", or the same word without the "litho"). I only found it because I saw the "-sically" suffix sitting there on the board, the "litho-" next to it, and I just ordered the jumble of letters in between into something that would work phonetically.

Comment

• It's either a kidney stone abatement procedure or the excitment when you find something unexpected by stumbling over a boulder. ;-)

Comment

• I was just reading through this thread, noting Spike's -narian find and then found ATTITUDINARIAN as the only 9+ word in a puzzle.

Comment

• I just got FLEXITARIANISMS.

Comment

• I got HYDRAULICKING

Comment

• This has got to be the longest fumbled word I've ever done that accidentally turned out to be accepted.

Was trying to type tsareviches. How the extra es got typed, haven't a clue.

Oh well...

thank you clumsy fingers.

cracks me up.

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 3.16.03 PM.png

Comment

• Nice work! I keep a list of words that I try to commit to memory but I'm not even going to bother with this one, just too hard to burn the "tsesar" sequence in my brain.......

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                  Nice work! I keep a list of words that I try to commit to memory but I'm not even going to bother with this one, just too hard to burn the "tsesar" sequence in my brain.......
                  Yeah, it isn't going into my memory banks. Probably never see it again. Simply one of those mistakes that rarely turn beneficial.

Just played one of those oh-really games where you wonder how the rarity classifications occur. I hear/read the word recuse fairly frequently, so didn't bother to enter it, but it was classified as rare.

Rare?

I've only seen reveuse (s) a few times in my life, probably decades ago (when I was reading more and studying French) but it was classified as wide here.

When has anyone here ever ever run across reveuses?

Lovely word that means a dreamer, often a female daydreamer.

Not that I want the classifications redone. Finding head scratchers adds an interesting flavor to the game. And I sure don't want to have to relearn what fits in which category again. That would be a deal breaker. Putting up with oddities is just part of life.

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.25 AM.png

Comment

• Reveuses at least for me would be a little easier to remember so I'm writing it down. It probably does show up here but never played it since I didn't know it was a word Thanks for the intel.

Mistyping a "real" word happens more often than you might think..........I've picked up quite a few oddballs this way over the years.

Comment

• Surprised than MICRONIZE is a word.

Comment

• In French, a dream is une rêve so it makes sense to this rêveuse!!
                        Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Yeah, it isn't going into my memory banks. Probably never see it again. Simply one of those mistakes that rarely turn beneficial.

Just played one of those oh-really games where you wonder how the rarity classifications occur. I hear/read the word recuse fairly frequently, so didn't bother to enter it, but it was classified as rare.

Rare?

I've only seen reveuse (s) a few times in my life, probably decades ago (when I was reading more and studying French) but it was classified as wide here.

When has anyone here ever ever run across reveuses?

Lovely word that means a dreamer, often a female daydreamer.

Not that I want the classifications redone. Finding head scratchers adds an interesting flavor to the game. And I sure don't want to have to relearn what fits in which category again. That would be a deal breaker. Putting up with oddities is just part of life.

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.10.25 AM.png

Comment

• I did not expect BAGELED to score points.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrPlacebo View Post
                            I did not expect BAGELED to score points.
                            What does it mean? Did you look it up?

Comment

• I had to look it up myself. It was... enlightening. :-)

'Bageling' Means Many Things — Not All of Them Fit for Family Paper – The Forward
                              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• In sports, bagled means you were shut out (a bagel's shape represents zero).

Comment

Working...
                                X