• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwt1213
    replied
    This time, I was ready: Game Results

YOUR STATS:
    Total points: 600 New record!
    Total words: 92 (41 common,18 wide,9 rare,24 ultra rare) New record!
    Best word: INCONTROVERTIBLENESSES (42 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: INCONTROVERTIBLENESSES (22 letters) New record!

PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 3 times
    Average Score: 491.3 points
    Average Words: 80.5 words
    High Score: 533 points by bwt1213
    Most Words: 90 words by bwt1213
    Best Word: CONVERTIBLENESSES (32 pts) by bwt1213
    Longest Word: CONVERTIBLENESSES (17 letters) by bwt1213

Leave a comment:

• quyxyz
    replied
    HYPEREXCITED is a word, but HYPEREXCITE is two words, not one.

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    That may have been the -ZINC- word I found before (or not). However, I remember doing the same thing you did. I found the ends & had to fill in the middle somehow. Anyway, good job!

Leave a comment:

• DrPlacebo
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
    I've found some -ZINC- words before that probably also counts in the Frankenstein category. (I don't remember what they were.) Since then, I've seen -ZINC-, but never managed to do anything good with it. Good job!
    And speaking of -ZINC- words, I just smashed a board record with PHOTOZINCOGRAPH. I saw both PHOTO and GRAPH, and couldn't find anything to connect the two, then remembered the talk about ZINC in the forum.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    Spike, I didn't see your edit until today. Thanks for the congrats. Congrats to you on your silver trophy and your ongoing excellence! I saw a really good word you came up with on 1 board but forgot it now. lol, just way too many words swirling around in my head.

I'm still tracking my daily stats. I quite like it; seems to motivate me when I see the daily totals. At first I hesitated to do it since I thought I could get obsessed with it but that hasn't happened. The elves are pretty crazy with my long word totals since I'm setting up to 30 long word records/day. The most dramatic so far is a loss of 28 for 2 days, a gain of 44 the next day and then a loss of 19 the day after. Strangely it balances out with a few extra credits every month.

Today I played STIRPICULTURES. I saw the word somewhere and actually remembered to play it!

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    lalatan, thanks for the elf update. I haven't kept track in a while, certainly not since the migration. Maybe now that they're working days, we have a chance to catch them in the act.

By the way, a belated congrats for your (not unexpected) 1st place last month (as thinkbig)!

For those not familiar with the elf problem, a while back I started keeping track of my current lifetime stats for best & longest words. These should of course go up when you set a record and go down when someone beats your record on that board. I've pretty much confirmed that the counts do go up as I set records. Going down is to be expected, but I realized that the longest words record count would often increase overnight, and then decrease some the next day. I assumed that elves were playing for me.
    Last edited by Spike1007; 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    Originally posted by Razorflame View Post
    Umm...INVENTIONAL??
    I tried that one in the past but it wasn't worth enough points for me to keep it. I needed it to be INTERINVENTIONALISMS or something like that.

Originally posted by rosedraws View Post
    The most unexpected thing for me is when I go to click on a game and I see that MY name is listed for longest word record. :-D
    I look at a lot of game stats every day and have seen you as the record holder a few times. Congrats!

Originally posted by DrPlacebo View Post
    I remember finding ZINCIER or something like that.
    I tried ZINCKIEST one time and it worked!

Spike: Since the server migration, the elves moved to the day shift and they only work every third day or so. They must have signed a lucrative contract with WordTwist to get hours like that.

Yesterday I found SQUAMOUSNESSES for 30 pts/ 2 records. I played squamous (having scales, scaly) in the past but don't think I found the -nesses version before.
    Last edited by lalatan; 05-02-2019, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• InsertNameHere
    replied
    Thanks. I did look that one up, which kind of added to the surprise. Words for much weirder things than that seem to stick in my head, but I didn't remember ever having run across that before. Had you heard of it (and, if so, are you a vexillologist)?
    No, the term was just in an episode of The Big Bang Theory

Leave a comment:

• DrPlacebo
    replied
    I've found some -ZINC- words before that probably also counts in the Frankenstein category. (I don't remember what they were.) Since then, I've seen -ZINC-, but never managed to do anything good with it. Good job!
    I remember finding ZINCIER or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    Thanks. I did look that one up, which kind of added to the surprise. Words for much weirder things than that seem to stick in my head, but I didn't remember ever having run across that before. Had you heard of it (and, if so, are you a vexillologist)?

Leave a comment:

• InsertNameHere
    replied
    I did get UNEXPECTEDNESSES today. I guess that fits here, in a warped way. While it's not that impressive, it serves as a nice introduction to a few other words I've found this morning:

VEXILLOLOGICAL
    MECHANOMORPHISM
    FLEXOGRAPHICALLY

These were all guesses, and to me, they were unexpected.
    If you haven't already looked up the definition, Vexillology is the study of flags.

Leave a comment:

• Razorflame
    replied
    Umm...INVENTIONAL??

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    Some impressive finds there Spike! You're a very skilled "guesser."

Edit: I just played a board where I couldn't find much of anything. I tried COMMONSENSE, which to my surprise was accepted. (UNCOMMONSENSE was not.) It was only worth 13 pts so I nuked the game.
    Last edited by lalatan; 04-10-2019, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    I did get UNEXPECTEDNESSES today. I guess that fits here, in a warped way. While it's not that impressive, it serves as a nice introduction to a few other words I've found this morning:

VEXILLOLOGICAL
    MECHANOMORPHISM
    FLEXOGRAPHICALLY

These were all guesses, and to me, they were unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• rosedraws
    replied
    The most unexpected thing for me is when I go to click on a game and I see that MY name is listed for longest word record. :-D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X