Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike1007
    replied
    This was at least somewhat surprising... Today I got both PROLETARIANISING and BOURGEOISIFICATION. I guess WordTwist is trying to teach me about Marxism.

Leave a comment:

• Razorflame
    replied
    An interesting word that I brought up earlier: RIVALIZE...means to enter into a rivalry [with someone]

Leave a comment:

• Phylactic
    replied
    PREPONDERATELY

-apparently means to be greater than something else, as in power, force, quantity, or importance.
    Found when building on PONDERATE

Leave a comment:

• Razorflame
    replied
    lalatan When I posted that word INVENTIONAL about 7 months ago, it was more that I was incredulous that it was an actual word

Leave a comment:

• DrPlacebo
    replied
    Here's a pair of words I didn't expect to count: MOFO and MOFOS.

Leave a comment:

• dannyb
    replied
    Yes , the mobile play button was being shown on my desktop too. I hit it once, by accident, and a "landscape only" message came up. I was scratching my head for a few minutes

Leave a comment:

• mcdonna
    replied
    I just set records on two games in a row. In the first one I found CONTROVERSIALITIES (34) and in the second found CONTROVERSIALISTS (32). What are the odds?

Leave a comment:

• rosedraws
    replied
    Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
    Play button? Mobile play button? I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps you're playing on a smartphone or tablet, neither of which I have (and neither of which I know how to use, though I'll bet I could learn). Nothing has changed on my screen.
    It's funny, it was there yesterday (I only play on my desktop) and it's not there today. Glad it was just a glitch so I don't have to keep grumbling at myself for pressing the wrong button!

Leave a comment:

• bwt1213
    replied
    Play button? Mobile play button? I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps you're playing on a smartphone or tablet, neither of which I have (and neither of which I know how to use, though I'll bet I could learn). Nothing has changed on my screen.

Leave a comment:

• rosedraws
    replied
    Unexpected to find that there's a new "Mobile Play" button where the old "Play" button used to be...
    Bizarre that I can't stop myself from automatically clicking there like I always have...
    Strange that no one else is talking about it. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Spike1007
    replied
    I think the game uses a cobbled-together dictionary. I think it was erakis who pointed out that it may start with the Scrabble dictionary, but since only 15-letter words are possible there, they switch to a different dictionary for longer words. Depending on how those are combined, extra words may come into play.

By the way, I liked ZOMBIFICATION as a word here.
    Last edited by Spike1007; 08-13-2019, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazykate
    replied
    Originally posted by nannybee View Post
    How does one account for a word that was accepted, but when you look it up to see what it means you are told that it is not in the dictionary?
    The game itself uses a different dictionary than the one it links to.

By the way, apparently "VAMPIRIZES" is a valid word worth 21 points.

Leave a comment:

• nannybee
    replied
    How does one account for a word that was accepted, but when you look it up to see what it means you are told that it is not in the dictionary?

Leave a comment:

• DrPlacebo
    replied
    I did not expect to get points for PETERMEN. Turns out a peterman is a safecracker, from the older British slang term "peter" for a safe.

Leave a comment:

• pdiddp
    replied
    I'm not sure about the bizarre but I had something strange and unexpected happen just a bit ago.

I'm set up to play only 5x5 games and just a game or so ago, clicked 'play another' and started in on the board. It took me several seconds to realize that it was a 4x4! I almost ended out of the game but my goal this month was to play every game that came up so I finished it. And boy was it hard to get myself to swipe in any 3 letter words!

Anyone else get a surprise like that or is it a one-off glitch?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X