No announcement yet.

The strange, the bizarre and the unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I continue to be surprised at some of the non-English words that count. Just got points for ARROZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrPlacebo View Post
      I continue to be surprised at some of the non-English words that count. Just got points for ARROZ.
      Foodie stuff tends to be accepted, from my experience. If it's part of the name of the dish, it's probably good.

Comment

• Well they still don't accept nage.

Comment

• Just got points for BEERLESS.

Comment

• And NOMMED. I may or may not have been thinking about food.

Comment

Just got points for BEERLESS.
              There's an Australian song made famous by Slim Dusty from the 1950s called, "A Pub With No Beer" about a pub here in Queensland that was, well, um, beerless

"Oh it's-a lonesome away from your kindred and all
              By the campfire at night we'll hear the wild dingoes call
              But there's-a nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear
              Than to stand in the bar of a pub with no beer"

Comment

• I just found HEMAGGLUTININS on three consecutive boards, without turning down any boards in between. Even with boards being seeded with long words these days, what are the chances of the exact same 14-letter word showing up on three in a row?

Comment

I just found HEMAGGLUTININS on three consecutive boards, without turning down any boards in between. Even with boards being seeded with long words these days, what are the chances of the exact same 14-letter word showing up on three in a row?
                  Very odd! I'm guessing those monkeys will be close to completing Hamlet soon!

Comment

• STONKS scores points.

image.png

(Actual dictionary definition of STONK: a heavy artillery bombardment.)

Comment

Working...
                    X