Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

LOL You have 2 'orange' bars, more than most of us. Yeah, I see what you're saying. I wonder what the green dot represents too. In this section the little green dot is also on our profile rectangle down on the left.

I think there should be a legend somewhere that explains these unique areas of the site.
    I think the green dot means "currently online".
    But I think there also used to be a green dot that meant "premium member", as in someone paid to have ads removed from the page. I think you could see that dot on the scoreboards, although when I just checked, I couldn't see any green dots at all.

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post

I think the green dot means "currently online".
      But I think there also used to be a green dot that meant "premium member", as in someone paid to have ads removed from the page. I think you could see that dot on the scoreboards, although when I just checked, I couldn't see any green dots at all.
      Ok, that makes sense as now RussDNail's rectangle dot isn't green as he's not online right now.

No, its the star that makes someone a premium member. If you look @ all the premium members, they have the star. Whereas we all have the dot. Right now mine, yours & Spike1007 dot is green so many others have the dot but its gray.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
        I must be the black sheep of the forum. I don't see anything under anyone's avatars.
        Interestingly (to me anyway), when I logged in under my thinkbig username I could see what 2cute was talking about.

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
        This topic piqued my curiosity too...............did some poking around. If you click on your user name/avatar in the upper right corner there is a dropdown menu with four choices.

I noticed that when I selected "My Profile" there is a green dot next to my user name on the page that pops up.

Anybody know what that signifiies? I hope it's something positive since I appear to me a total loser with no bars on my forum posts
        The total loser label apparently belongs to me, Russ. I used to be a chatterbox on this forum, writing about what I thought were interesting words I'd found. I noticed I'd never get any likes or comments so I quit doing it for the most part. The empty bars confirm what I experienced. Anyway, I'm not soliciting sympathy so please don't bother with it. I just came to accept what I write isn't that interesting to the hoi polloi.
        (btw, I have been putting a like on posts I've read that I liked for a long time and will continue to do so.)
        Last edited by lalatan; 08-14-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

lalatan, I always like your posts (and those from many others), but it never really occurs to me to "like" them. I guess I'm old & kind of anti-social media. (I don't think I've ever really noticed whether or not my posts got likes. I pay more attention to responses.)

Comment

Thanks Spike. I always like your posts too and enjoy your sense of humor. I thought I'd address the "elephant in the room", i.e. my 181 posts w nary a rep bar, since it came up. I'm ok w letting the next generation of posters talk about whatever. As kate pointed out once, there's more time to play games.

Comment

Interestingly (to me anyway), when I logged in under my thinkbig username I could see what 2cute was talking about.

The total loser label apparently belongs to me, Russ. I used to be a chatterbox on this forum, writing about what I thought were interesting words I'd found. I noticed I'd never get any likes or comments so I quit doing it for the most part. The empty bars confirm what I experienced. Anyway, I'm not soliciting sympathy so please don't bother with it. I just came to accept what I write isn't that interesting to the hoi polloi.
              (btw, I have been putting a like on posts I've read that I liked for a long time and will continue to do so.)
              It’s weird, when I posted my question about the green dot I had all gray bars under my avatar in the forum box. Now all of a sudden I have two orange ones. I find it hard to believe my popularity shot up overnight!? I assume I’m probably not terribly popular around here because of my track record and that’s fine. I honestly had no idea there was a “like” system in place on this forum/never even noticed the thumbs up at the bottom of the posts. I too don’t much care about such things and am not terribly social media savvy………based on your record here you hardly qualify as a loser and given your nature from what I’ve gleaned from our conversations your “reputation” is rock solid in my book

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

Yes, the green dot is definitely "on-line" based on my experience with forums. I also like most posts but it rarely occurs to me to "like" them. Maybe I'll start.

Also, I wonder if a glitch just got fixed? Yesterday I had no orange bars and Russ D Nails says he didn't either. Now we both have two.

Comment

Originally posted by Arabesque View Post
                  Yes, the green dot is definitely "on-line" based on my experience with forums. I also like most posts but it rarely occurs to me to "like" them. Maybe I'll start.

Also, I wonder if a glitch just got fixed? Yesterday I had no orange bars and Russ D Nails says he didn't either. Now we both have two.
                  I also had none, as did lalatan, and now we have two bars all around
                  Sounds like it either was a glitch, or the likes that we all exchanged since yesterday were enough to give us two orange bars' worth of reputation, although I'm not sure what that means. In my mind, lalatan's reputation has been that of a legend for a long time. Having an insane amount of longest-word records (or top scores, like MegaWord) seems like a more legitimate claim to fame than virtually patting each other on the back in the forums.

Comment

Alas, I still have none. I console myself: none or ten gives me nothing I didn't have. I'm not angry. Perhaps my posts don't have the meaning I thought. But I'm all grown up, so I can handle that. Remember, folks: it is just a game. It's a GOOD game.

Comment

Looks like we now have an orange bar love fest on WordTwist

Comment

lalatan you figured it out ... Woo Hoo for you! Thank you for the assistance!

Looks like we now have an orange bar love fest on WordTwist
                        Its so exciting! We all have 'orange' 'bars'! I'm glad I asked the question!

Comment

And now I have four bars, so ha, suck it other WordTwisters! I'm more popular than everyone

(And do please realize this is completely tongue in cheek, lol!)

Comment

And now I have four bars, so ha, suck it other WordTwisters! I'm more popular than everyone

(And do please realize this is completely tongue in cheek, lol!)
                            LOL Russ, I like your facetiousness. I agree you deserve to have 4 bars. I mean look @ your profile and awards. Its truly amazing! You must have participated much more than the rest of us. I don't think I've ever played that many games let alone received awards for them.

Comment

Cheers, thanks for the kudos but I'm really just nuts and spend way too much time here, thinking about changing my name to RussDNuts, kinda has a nice ring to it............please keep liking my posts, now I'm obsessed, I want to fill up all my empty bars

Comment

Not to be a buzzkill, but I suspect that Stephen tweaked some of those default forum parameters. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying my new orange bars (whether they're "pity" bars or not).

Comment

Working...
                                X