No announcement yet.

Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lalatan, nah, I have no idea what the parameters are here but 2cute seems to be enjoying herself so it's been fun bantering around about this topic. I also really don't care much about the bars but it's a nice diversion when you're a little bored or worn out from actually playing the game............

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
      Not meaning to dampen the euphoria here but are we certain the forum rep bars are working properly? At 100 pts/bar that's a LOT of points to rack up in a few days. Although this forum is an improvement in some ways over the old one, there are still problems. For instance, if I edit a post once or twice it's usually flagged as spam and can't be seen.
      Yes, correct. I try to edit my thought entirely before I chose post as I've had that exact thing happen to me. Somehow correcting a punctual mistake (or spelling) now makes my message spam. I don't understand that. And, I've tried to collect my statement & put it into another message, that doesn't work as it somehow knows it was the 'spammed' message & just does the exact same thing again.

Also I noticed that. I KNOW I didn't get 100 likes, I was just enjoying all the love. Certainly euphoric.

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
      8 bars, damn........you're going to have to change your name to "2popular"
      LOL ... I KNOW isn't it AMAZING? I must admit I have been visiting the site everyday as I now feel part of the community & I don't want to miss anything & boom I have so many bars! Its fabulous!

Thanks everyone for all the likes!

Comment

I'm such a dork..................I can't wait 'til you get past 10.............I'm thinking the bars will change colors or some such. Don't let the grumps spoil your fun and lets get you past 10

Comment

Last night I was "liking" more posts in this thread & I'm sure I saw 2cute go from 8 to 10 bars. (Let's see what happens next.) That raises the question: Can "unliking" posts reverse gains in reputation, or does "liking" have more like a ratcheting effect? Anyway, congrats to 2cute & Russ!

Comment

don't you be "unliking" 2cute or Russ to find out though! I love how you have applied the term "ratcheting" to what is such a softy, squishy, non mechanical thing! Sometimes I knit. I don't knit for any purpose, or to make something, it's just "a knitting".

Comment

OK, no unliking 2cute & Russ. Anyone who liked my posts is welcome to try unliking them to see what that might do though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                OK, no unliking 2cute & Russ. Anyone who liked my posts is welcome to try unliking them to see what that might do though.
                Yeah, what Spike says goes............do you want to be the one to incur the wrath of 2cute

Also curious to see what happens now that we've maxed out on the orange bars...........

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
                  don't you be "unliking" 2cute or Russ to find out though! I love how you have applied the term "ratcheting" to what is such a softy, squishy, non mechanical thing! Sometimes I knit. I don't knit for any purpose, or to make something, it's just "a knitting".
                  While you commit knitting, I commit squash. I like growing squash, and find it fascinating how such an innocuous plant can grow huge leaves and send out runners and take over a garden, even crowding out weeds. I especially like butternut squash and even enjoy cooking them or baking them (recipes on request; ask in the private message area, please). But all related plants are welcome, except zucchini. I like all kinds of squash, including summer and winter varieties, but patty pan squash are my favorite for summer. Zucchini I find to be tasteless and a waste of garden space. They are extremely productive, which is even more annoying. A small town we once lived in, if you left your car unlocked you might open it in the morning to find someone had gifted you with a bag of zucchini. Or you could find a bag on your doorstep. If you have the space to raise zucchini, please raise something actually worth growing -- tomatoes, beets, peppers, radishes, turnips, rutabaga, kohlrabi, anything.

Comment

I left my car unlocked last night....just in case....but alas...no zucchini...we make a zucchini slice, the zucchini offers no flavour, but it looks very healthy. We grow beetroot, pumpkin (which is savoury in Australia), tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, purple carrots, and lots of herbs. I wonder if I could turn my knittings into anti bird netting, or tiny little jackets for fledgling vegetable (we are coming into spring, with frosty mornings).

Comment

oh and, Spike? I think it would take waaay to many unlikes for you to lose respect...or is it popularity? Look at us...being the "popular kids"!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                        Agreed! Please don't do that. I can't believe it, I made it to 10 orange bars. Absolutely incredible! All because I was curious about something. Hmm ...

No, no, no, I'm NOT going to unlike any of your posts, you can't make me!

Originally posted by floppers View Post
                        I left my car unlocked last night....just in case....but alas...no zucchini...we make a zucchini slice, the zucchini offers no flavour, but it looks very healthy. We grow beetroot, pumpkin (which is savoury in Australia), tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, purple carrots, and lots of herbs. I wonder if I could turn my knittings into anti bird netting, or tiny little jackets for fledgling vegetable (we are coming into spring, with frosty mornings).
                        Aww, little jackets for vegetables sounds cute. That would work great for lemons & limes in the fridge. It would keep them warmer so when it came to squeezing them, I wouldn't have to soak them in warm water to get them to release their juice.

Comment

Okay... I'm lost. What are "bars"?

Comment

Originally posted by mdyak View Post
                            Okay... I'm lost. What are "bars"?
                            The row of vertical bars beneath a players name. In your case, right below "Premium Member."

An incentive to love one's neighbor and invite participation.

Much like offering fried chicken at the church social--but, considerably less tasty.

Comment

I prefer to think of them as candy bars, still waaaaay less tasty, but also with ZERO calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

The row of vertical bars beneath a players name. In your case, right below "Premium Member."

An incentive to love one's neighbor and invite participation.

Much like offering fried chicken at the church social--but, considerably less tasty.
                                If I hadn't asked the group here, how would I have known that????

Comment

Working...
                                X