another cheater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by floppers View Post
    I enjoy finding PROCRASTINATE and variations of it in puzzles. I find that the majority of my own IMPORTANT TASKS wait for me, and for the lesser tasks...well...their patience is endless! If I'm on the roster for cooking, or washing, I get that done, but my taxes are still being patient, because I've been reading...I went out with my gym instructor once...he had the "extra", turns out that's all he had....(to be fair, pump class wasn't his only pursuit...he fancied himself an artist, and drew endless self portraits as a struggling artist, I was feeling quite mean at the end of our date, and suggested that he title one , "Struggling to be an Artist", which he liked, I should maybe have been kinder and given him a mirror. I imagine that by now, the "selfie" has given him an outlet.
    Perhaps, "Rembrant's Nose" would have been an appropriate book. Self portraits are so much easier than trying to get models. Cheaper and more convenient.

And, if you're lovely to behold... Why deprive the universe of the gift of your face? (Or whatever other body part seems unmatched.)

As for taxes, is the government as patient with your procrastination? With all the tax scams going on, I've found it prudent to submit our taxes as soon as I've gotten all the documents. I had mine off before the end of January this year.

Wonder why some people just invite us to want to torment them in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

I agree BALANCE in all things. The search for Chi. Absolutely. I don't want all. I don't want nothing.

Of course practice makes perfect does apply, although if I'm bored all the way through it, I have no mental spark to keep the desire strong. I NEED THAT MENTAL SPARK. Not to say I won't come back to it after a break of doing something else. Of course it depends on what IT is. As far as a puzzle, I really should be doing something else. The puzzles (aka games) are my medicine when things are hard and they are my mental pillow when I'm overwhelmed. Either way it must continue to be pleasurable or I would have to give it up. I have enough IMPORTANT TASKS I should be doing otherwise. I don't have to play puzzles. I choose to do it. And of course this is what I'm doing @ this stage of my life. When I was younger I was more into films. I've actually seen 212 films in one year. Do I still do that? No. So far I'm up to 77 so far this year. Do I still enjoy films. Yes. Yet I've chose to enjoy something else for the time being. Will I ever go back to watching just films, maybe. I don't know. I like how the puzzles teach me new things, stimulate my mind & keep me @ a faster pace. I have improved over the past 12 years I've been into it, yet not in the way that actually competes w/all of you & the other members on this site.

I like muscles on men. I just don't like men who think that having them is all that's needed to interact with me. A moron that's eye candy isn't enough for me. I need the intelligence & critical thinking part of his persona to keep me interested. Muscles are just extra.

Puzzles can be therapeutic. You can learn so much about yourself. And you can get away from the world while pleasantly exercising your brain. Like dance as exercise.

Some philosophies suggest that The Nothing is All. All that we see comes from a nothing that cannot be seen.

Movies used to be my love. Not so much these days. I often fall asleep watching them.

212 films in a years is quite a lot. When I lived in California, I used to see every release. We'd go to film festivals and watch a half dozen movies a day for 3 days in a row. Sometimes, it was less about the movie than the naughty things we tried to get away with while watching them in public.

Interest sometimes comes in strange packages. I know intelligent people who are uninteresting and "dumb" people who are fascinating.

Comment

For the last thirty years or so, my wife and I have pretty regularly watched two or three movies a year. Now that we have IMBb and Paramount+ and Peacock and Tubi and Pluto and all the rest, we're up to perhaps four movies a year. We enjoyed The Martian. And Gravity. And Interstellar. And Prescription for Murder (Columbo movie). We've watched some forgettable ones -- I've forgotten them. Before that, we watched fewer movies. We did watch all the early Star Wars movies with the kids, though. Other than that, we didn't watch movies at all back then. There HAVE been some famous movies I have watched and really enjoyed. Citizen Kane. Gaslight. Psycho. Alien. 2001, A Space Odyssey. Romeo and Juliet. Casablanca. But if I sat down and really tried, I don't know if I could come up with twenty movies I'd think worth watching more than once.

Comment

The government always owes me a little bit, not enough for me to worry about losing interest (because I would probably spend it straight away anyway), but enough for it to count as nice little bit of extra to spend over the Christmas/Summer holidays.. maybe a lil holiday, some nights out on the town, something something... there is method in my procrastination...

Comment

The risque ads have been troublesome for quite awhile. I finally paid the fee to get rid of all ads, they were so bad. Not to be snarky, but they were so persistent, I thought maybe that was the point. I'm glad to see I was wrong.

Comment

Definitely please email me at admin@puzzlebaron.com anytime you see an inappropriate ad on any of our sites. We do not get to individually approve each ad that gets displayed, instead we have to rely on our ad providers to properly categorize items according to the age-appropriate levels we've indicated. On occasion, some ads are not categorized appropriately, or at least the way I personally would have liked them to be categorized. So we can only catch and remove them if and when people report those ads to us.

Thanks!
              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

so far, I've seen advertisements for coding, beach dresses, and wrinkles (which I am trying to not take too personally), so...touche!...I feel like you've nailed it (which means I should expect hardware advertisements?). xx. Thank you!

Comment

My wife and I actually enjoy the ads for clothing here. Interesting designs. I would miss those going ad free.

The ad for liver disfunction, featuring a cartoonishly obese man with internal organs exposed through a gapping incision is a bit off putting. Makes you wonder not only why he let himself go like that, but also how he was able to stand the pain modeling for the ad. (But, yes, he is only a cartoon. But, don't our cartoons deserve respect too?)

Comment

oooh....I thought we were getting that ad because the offspring had been googling liver disease, on account of offspring 4's boyfriend having the liver of a 50 yo lifetime alcoholic (he doesn't drink, but he Ubereats waaaay to often, and he is 6'8" so we has some odd things happening on the inside, his knees are those of a 65yo Catholic). Today the ads are mainly sports podiatry (relevant here), and for Swarovski jewellery, which I hope is prophetic).

Comment

oooh....I thought we were getting that ad because the offspring had been googling liver disease, on account of offspring 4's boyfriend having the liver of a 50 yo lifetime alcoholic (he doesn't drink, but he Ubereats waaaay to often, and he is 6'8" so we has some odd things happening on the inside, his knees are those of a 65yo Catholic). Today the ads are mainly sports podiatry (relevant here), and for Swarovski jewellery, which I hope is prophetic).
                      Lol... I don't envy boyfriend no. 4, but the way you describe his ailments is too funny!

I hope you're right about the Swarovski crystals. Have you shown the ads to your significant other?

I don't even know what some of the ads I'm seeing are advertising, because for whatever reason I'm getting ads in Polish or Czech these days. Must be the geographical proximity. The ads that I do understand are mostly for things I've already bought, including musical instruments. I guess they hope I'll start a band.

Comment

you should sooo start a band...submissions here for what the name of the band should be!

Comment

you should sooo start a band...submissions here for what the name of the band should be!
                          "Wedding Day." Don't know if the names been taken for a band, but an ad just popped up titled "Wedding Photos gone wrong."

The six individuals pictured have their outfits painted on their bodies. Seems they have underwear for some modesty at the lowers, though the men obviously are unprotected on their upper sails and the women might be exposed to the weather up there themselves.

Comment

well...if we basing it on ads....mine would be Wrinkles and the Swarovski Caravan....
                            but I was thinking more along the lines of...a play on what we know about Kate and her band...so maybe

Pure Amazon Orchestra (thinking maybe she purchased the instruments on line).

Comment

How about "The Kateamundis"? Or if your instruments are trumpets, coronets, and trombones, how about "The Brass Hats"? If string, "Frogs And Hairs"? And if woodwinds, "The Reeders"? (Apologies to those who liked "The Reivers".)

Comment

I did in fact order some instruments online, but they're not really orchestra instruments. I bought a steel tongue drum (not to be played with your tongue, but named for the construction) and a djembe. I've actually started studying music therapy this year, so my collection of instruments is rather eclectic and not really what you'd expect in a band.
                                I've also got a band name lined up if I ever end up starting a folk band, "This is not Ballachulish ferry".
                                That's my favourite Scottish road sign that my father found in the 1970s.

Comment

Working...
                                X