Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my initials are B.R. thus BeeAre

Comment

• FWIW - I got DNA testing and it basically confirmed what I found through genealogy research - the northwestern Europe includes France and the low countries

England, Wales & Northwestern Europe - 62%
      Germanic Europe - 25%
      Ireland & Scotland - 13%

Comment

• My name is Ned, and the zeppelin part is just a play on words off Led Zeppelin. There was some problem when I was first creating an account, so I went through nedzeppelin1, 2, and 3, and each time, I wasn't able to log back in. I stopped doing cryptos and came back a while later and chose a number I would remember. 1453 . . . the fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans's and Gutenberg's printing press.

Comment

• I am a Star Trek fan, I grew up watching the original series in the 70's. I read that on set, some of the pipes and conduits were marked GNDN - Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing.

Comment

• There are a lot of interesting "screen-name" stories here. Mine was easy to come by--I do stained glass, and have been, for fun and pleasure, for the past 25 years.
            Incidentally, Barnabas, I grew up in a Funeral Home. Didn't know you could talk above a whisper in the house until I was thirteen.

Comment

• Whoa, glassguy ... just like in Six Feet Under. I loved that series. Did you see/like/relate to it?

Comment

• Quite obvious I think. For years I thought that was really my name. Our dad always introduced us by our numerical birth order.."Hey Bill, I'd like you to
                meet my number 2 son".

Comment

• Did you make the window in your avatar, glassguy? I remember someone asked you that in the chat forum but I didn't see your reply. (or you may not have seen the question)

Comment

• As for my screen name, I say it in my head when I choose a letter that shows I am on the right track with a cryptogram. (Also, I like that it has double the number of vowels as consonants, because I am a word nerd.) If I choose a letter that lets me know I am completely off the mark, I use abra's "muc fu".

Comment

• Eureka--yes I did. I used a quilt pattern my wife brought back from Billings, MT. It took me almost as long to clean up the pattern--removing the second stitch line with Liquid Paper--as it did to do the actual glass. But it was a lot of fun, and looks good hanging in the picture window during the Christmas season.

Comment

• Mine was inspired by my friends at school. They call me "Secretly thirty rats in a trench coat."

Comment

• How fun to hear all of your name stories.
                          I was named after my father and was therefore a Jr. When my daughter was young she called me junior dad, and it stuck as a family nickname.

Comment

Working...
                          X