No announcement yet.

Classic Comments on the Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It would take about a billion ants just to AIM a gun at me, let alone fire it." - Jack Handey

opallady on 2009-11-01
    "Obviously, he has never stepped on a fire ant nest."

Comment

Now, we really need a LIKE button.

Comment

It's a great thread, Ms. Lapp, and since you started it, you're in charge.

I agree about not misquoting people. That's easy to do.

Problem is, I'm too competitive to stop, copy the comments, then post them here. It's always on to the next cryptogram, fast as I can get there.

I found your profile on LinkedIn, read it with interest. Going forward, I'll stay within the guidelines, so long as you don't cite the Chicago Manual of Style. (I once did a transcription gig that required reference to the AP Stylebook.)

Andrea

Comment

Munchlet, this one's for you!

"A vein of poetry exists in the hearts of all men." — Thomas Carlyle

montyb on 2014-01-14 09:59:08
          Mine is varicose.

kb83 on 2014-07-31 10:12:49
          Must be the poemenary vein.

LLapp on 2015-12-10 13:23:32
          Mine is clogged with style manuals.

Comment

Occupational hazard.

Comment

If minutes were kept of a family gathering, they would show that "Members not Present" and "Subjects Discussed" were one and the same."
              — Robert Brault

Kgun5 on 2013-02-12 18:32:14
              Translation: "My family never found me interesting enough to talk about nor invite to family gatherings, so I created a blog of my ten thousand favorite phrases. Now the world can appreciate what my family doesn't."

Comment

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else."

montyb on 2014-01-24 15:48:04
                OMG! I'm alive! What am I doing here when I could be living?

wshanley@sbcglobal.net on 2015-05-26 02:03:27
                What?

LLapp on 2016-03-12 13:27:16
                Oh Emily, you understand! This is exactly why we need a 5-day weekend.

Comment

"The most valuable function performed by the federal government is entertainment."

fredsevent on 2012-04-08 01:06:14
                  Yes. Thank you, Dave. The real problem is that most problems can be solved efficiently by 8-year-olds, but the government refuses to hire any of them.

RedEnoch on 2012-06-18 06:40:32
                  Let's move the capital to Hollywood and kill two birds with one stone. The movie industry already spends more on technology. The show in Washington really isn't entertaining anymore.

Comment

"Unquestionably, it is possible to do without happiness; it is done involuntarily by nineteen-twentieths of mankind."
                    John Stuart Mill

abra on 2016-02-27 15:25:46
                    You didn't expect quotes, about sunshine and daisies from that face. Did you?

Comment

OMgosh, I was quoted. I'm shocked and thrilled.

I was just laughing and agreeing with Kgun's comment above, I'm glad momn8rr posted it.

Comment

"To the old, the new is usually bad news. "
                        — Eric Hoffer

QuexUl on 2016-01-04 17:21:53
                        That's because the new frequently IS bad news. For example, I was brought up using telephones with cords attached to them. Never once walked into something or crashed my car while talking on one of those phones, by cracky! Hee hee hee - *hak! kaff!!*
                        "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Another one from Pootie

"I often thought that if there had been a good rap group around in those days, I might have chosen a career in music instead of politics."
                          — Richard Milhous Nixon

pootie49 on 2011-05-24 17:02:37
                          wacka wacka i am not a crook wacka wacka. word.

Comment

So many of Pootie's comments are quote worthy. Thanks, munchlet. I'm sure we'll be seeing many of them.

Comment

"Thus Belial, with words clothed in reason's garb, counseled ignoble ease, and peaceful sloth, not peace. "
                              — John Milton

labrat on 2012-02-26 19:07:29
                              Thou oh Milton, find this Belial, an' appear not again 'till thee find ignoble counsel. 10 points ye quote hath won me! ! If I cross thy path wouldst be to soon.
                              "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

This is an imaginative thread.

"A university should be a place of light, of liberty, and of learning. "
                                — Benjamin Disraeli

bonsaisekuoia on 2010-02-24 21:07:19
                                So it's LLL?

LiveLoveLaugh on 2010-06-13 22:41:19
                                yes LLL

LLapp on 2015-08-20 12:29:29
                                I, LL, agree with LLL that it's LLL.

kb83 on 2016-03-08 09:44:51
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X