No announcement yet.

New Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes my game doesn't record. I don't get an error message -- the screen just goes directly from the board to the stats for the *next* board. I don't see the results from the game I just played, and they don't get added to my totals. This has happened about three times since the switch to the new server.

Comment

It happened again.

Comment

Hi DonGuy47 -

Which game board are you using when this happens, and what device/browser are you using?
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Same thing happening to me. When I finish the 5 x 5 game it goes straight to the next board. Also had it go to a blank screen this morning.

Comment

Just happened again and I noticed that I hit enter after the game timed out. It jumped to the next board. Could that be the problem?

Comment

Hi kblickster -

Which game board are you using when this happens, and what device/browser are you using?
              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

5x5 and Firefox on desktop

Comment

Now, I'm no programmer, but it seems as though the data of the latest post is flowing over to some of the previous ones in the forum preview. Not a fatal bug, but one you might want to fix

Comment

Originally posted by kblickster View Post
                    5x5 and Firefox on desktop
                    Sorry, I meant which game version - the newest game board, the flash version, the 1.0 version, etc. Thanks!

Comment

Newest Game Version

Comment

Originally posted by kblickster View Post
                        Newest Game Version
                        Gotcha. My best guess right now is that after the game finishes but before it goes to the gameover page you're hitting the "Backspace" key. This is being interpreted as a "Go Back" request by your browser, and its taking you back to the puzzle initialization screen as a result. I have code that *should* block the backspace key from doing this but apparently it is not working in that 2 seconds between the game being over and the gameover page being displayed.

I'll work today on a fix. Thanks!

Comment

I believe this issue should be fixed now for the newest game board. Please let me know if you see it again though.

Comment

4x4, firefox, newest game version. It's possible that I'm hitting *some* mystery key after the game finishes, but it can't be Backspace -- too far away from the letters and Enter.

Comment

Originally posted by DonGuy47 View Post
                              4x4, firefox, newest game version. It's possible that I'm hitting *some* mystery key after the game finishes, but it can't be Backspace -- too far away from the letters and Enter.
                              Does this happen when you're hitting any key to end a game (whatever it is) or even if you let the board time out normally?

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post

Does this happen when you're hitting any key to end a game (whatever it is) or even if you let the board time out normally?
                                It's disorienting when it happens, so I'm not sure. It might be true that in every case I hit "Enter" after time runs out. It definitely doesn't *always* happen when I hit enter post-game.

Comment

Working...
                                X