X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naboka
    replied
    Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
    I just beat stolch14 on a 4x4 game which is an achievement for me as I rarely beat their records.
    That's a big fish.

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    I just beat stolch14 on a 4x4 game which is an achievement for me as I rarely beat their records.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    My condolences on your many losses, folkslinger and Seamonster. I find the "golden years" aren't really that golden in many ways. Like yourself (and many others here, I suspect) I have many limitations on what I can do. Nevertheless we can still take pleasure in some activities like playing Boggle and reading the forum. I'm glad you can still manage to play the long word game. (I don't know if you read that I retired from APPW competition for the foreseeable future after winning the gold in 4x4 and 5x5 for a year. I got burned out on all the clicking through games that's required and finding the words didn't challenge me like it used to.) Enjoy the games.

Leave a comment:

• folkslinger
    replied

01-01-2022, 02:52 PM lalatan posted:

"Happy New Year to you, mdyak (and everyone else).

Congrats to folkslinger on getting the gold in 5x5 APPW. Welcome back to the games"

From folkslinger,

Happy New Year to everyone and congratulations to all of the competitors.

A special thank you to lalatan. I am humbled that you noticed that I was gone. 2020 and 2021 have been rough years for a lot of us. I have been following many of the forums even though I have been unable to type for much of that time. My hands have gotten so bad that I can no longer play my instruments. I am grieving the loss of my music along with my beloved dog Bear and many friends over the past couple years.

I want you all to know that following the game and reading the forum has brought me a great deal of joy and distraction. The intelligence, wit, and caring displayed on these forums is very encouraging when times are tough. I'm currently on a med that has allowed me to type (two fingered). And so with some trepidation I attempted the big word game again. I'm honored to be competing with all of the big word chasers and I thank some of you (you know who you are) for not going for the trophy last month.

Again, thank you lalatan for the welcome back. That meant a lot to me.

Typed by Seamonster for Folkslinger.

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    That's impressive, rosedraws, especially w a score over 500.

Last night I set 2 records for a 25 letter word previously unfound by anyone: QUINQUASEPTUAGINTILLIONTH. Interestingly for me, the previous record was 40 pts, the highest pt value I have ever bettered. A while ago, I wondered on the forum where the games are with 25 letter words in them nobody got yet. So, I guess they may be out there but are Extremely rare.
    Last edited by lalatan; 01-07-2022, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BoggleOtaku
    replied
    Congrats, rosedraws! I like setting that goal too.

Leave a comment:

• rosedraws
    replied
    Ooh I hit my goal again! Match some crazy longest word set by lalatan or another top notch player, and also get high score. woohoo!

Looks like I'll have to up my goal... maybe add "games with over 30 players" or something.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied
    Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

I believe I played that same board later. I exceeded none of your scores, though I thought I did well. If I remember correctly, I scored about 120 points less with five fewer words, and didn't find anything close to as long as the word you found. So you thrashed me pretty convincingly. I look forward to you topping my high score mark, too (756, so you don't have to look it up). To me, the most impressive thing about your score is the average points per word. You did very well indeed!
    Oh wow! Thank you very much for the reply, and the kind words/encouragement. I'm hoping to be apart of the 700 club in both the 4X4 and 5X5 games some day. Thanks again, and happy playing!

Leave a comment:

• bwt1213
    replied
    Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

Speaking of...

This was the very first game I played today (only game so far) on the 5X5 grid, so I'm going to take it as a good 2022 WordTwist sign. I know there's some 25-letter word that lalatan will amazingly find and the big fish will definitely best the high scores. I'm just taking it as a good sign. I also bested my all-time high score. Happy playing!

Total points: 670 New record!
    Total words: 107 (35 common,7 wide,12 rare,53 ultra rare) New record!
    Best word: RESTLESSNESSES (26 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: RESTLESSNESSES (14 letters) New record!
    I believe I played that same board later. I exceeded none of your scores, though I thought I did well. If I remember correctly, I scored about 120 points less with five fewer words, and didn't find anything close to as long as the word you found. So you thrashed me pretty convincingly. I look forward to you topping my high score mark, too (756, so you don't have to look it up). To me, the most impressive thing about your score is the average points per word. You did very well indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Naboka
    replied

Speaking of...

This was the very first game I played today (only game so far) on the 5X5 grid, so I'm going to take it as a good 2022 WordTwist sign. I know there's some 25-letter word that lalatan will amazingly find and the big fish will definitely best the high scores. I'm just taking it as a good sign. I also bested my all-time high score. Happy playing!

Wowser! A good sign indeed.

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied

WTG, Naboka. Congrats, and Happy New Year!
    Speaking of...

Leave a comment:

• lalatan
    replied
    Happy New Year to you, mdyak (and everyone else).

Congrats to folkslinger on getting the gold in 5x5 APPW. Welcome back to the games.

Leave a comment:

• mdyak
    replied
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!! Can't believe I landed on a 50 pt word at the beginning of the year - let's hope it's a good omen for 2022. Wishing all of you a year where boggle is only one of many many delightful realities.

Leave a comment:

• jbud1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Naboka
    This is starting to be a very good Wordtwist day.

WTG, Naboka. Congrats, and Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• dannyb
    replied
    Naboka, you have gotten much better. The new year better watch out!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X