No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to lalatan on another double gold month! WOW again! Also congratulations to Spike1007 (on his silver 5x5) and to onrust and John13verse34 (on their silver and bronze 4x4 respectively). Another great month of competitions. I do love the long word hunts.

Comment

I'd like to thank September's top two in average score per game in 5x5 for taking the month of October off. Because of this, I was able to place in the top three!

Comment

Congrats Brisul!

Comment

Originally posted by Estive View Post
          Congrats Brisul!
          Thanks! In my second or third game this month, I came across a game where you held the high score of 1080. I thought, "Well, I should be able to score at least 900 on this board." Then I started playing and really got cooking. Next thing I know, I'm up over 1000 myself and I'm like, "I'm going to try to beat Estive's high score on this one!" I came up 60 points shy, but it was pretty fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Brisul View Post

Thanks! In my second or third game this month, I came across a game where you held the high score of 1080. I thought, "Well, I should be able to score at least 900 on this board." Then I started playing and really got cooking. Next thing I know, I'm up over 1000 myself and I'm like, "I'm going to try to beat Estive's high score on this one!" I came up 60 points shy, but it was pretty fun!
            I have fun too when I always see the likes of you, Megaword, Thunderock, Fastiedeb, Russdnails etc. I miss the ability to compete real-time. That was thrilling.

Comment

WTG Lalatan, Spike*, Brisul, and all! My goal for last month was to improve my total number of Best/Longest Word records. October 1 I had 1439 best word records, and today I hit 1501. My longest word records went from 1103 to 1167. If I could get more hours of sleep I might do better as I have a real problem falling asleep over the keyboard!

Comment

Thamks! Congrats to you too, and to all the others.

Comment

Thanks mcdonna. Congrats to you on your achievement. I welcomed you back some time ago on this forum. I tried searching for that post just now but came up empty. So welcome back!
                  Also congrats to Spike and folkslinger; it was a close race last month.
                  Last edited by lalatan; 11-07-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks, lalatan! Appreciate the welcome and it's been good to see y'all still cranking out the big juicy words. I've been lurking quietly, afraid I'll get in too deep and start spending all my waking hours here!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonna View Post
                      Thanks, lalatan! Appreciate the welcome and it's been good to see y'all still cranking out the big juicy words. I've been lurking quietly, afraid I'll get in too deep and start spending all my waking hours here!
                      It's one of my fears too...but it's so cool to have such a huge community of people who love this sort of thing. I've been obsessed with words my whole life and felt like the only one. This place is pretty amazing!

Comment

Just replaced the existing longest word "INABILITIES" with "INDOMINATIBILITIES" - Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                          Razorflame: Here is the screenshot you wanted. I probably haven't seen this on a board for a year or so. I couldn't send an attachment on the PM.
                          Dichlorodifluoromethanes 2019-08-11.jpg
                          Thanks so much for finding this board for me It makes me very happy to finally see it Sorry that I haven't been active recently, but I have had a lot going on in my life the past half a month or so. I should be able to come back and start posting in this thread again soon

It makes me happy to see that many people have taken to this thread kindly Thanks everyone

lalatan Next time you find this board, could you also take a screenshot of the board before you play it if possible? Thanks
                          Last edited by Razorflame; 12-29-2019, 02:30 AM.

Comment

This is Folkslinger (typing done by Seamonster). First, a great big congratulations to thinkbig aka lalatan on a double First Place (4x4 and 5x5). What a way to start a New Year! And what a competition this month! So congrats to lobster1 and Spike1007 also. I have not been able to compete due to surgery on my left hand. I don't type very well to begin with but now I'm pretty useless. I'll still be looking for big words, I just won't be able to type them in three minutes!

Wishing everyone on WordTwist a very Happy New Year!

Comment

Last month I finished with my highest average ever, 945. The thing was, I had been sitting on 939 and just happened to score 990, 1097 and 1021 on my last three games which got me over the 940 marker and then some. Since the last two scores I submitted in December were over 1000 points, that means the 1000 point game I just scored now makes three 1000 point games in a row!! I've never done that before...Happy Gnu Year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brisul View Post
                                Last month I finished with my highest average ever, 945. The thing was, I had been sitting on 939 and just happened to score 990, 1097 and 1021 on my last three games which got me over the 940 marker and then some. Since the last two scores I submitted in December were over 1000 points, that means the 1000 point game I just scored now makes three 1000 point games in a row!! I've never done that before...Happy Gnu Year!!!
                                WTG, Brisul!

Comment

Working...
                                X