Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
    Finally!.PNG

Only took me six years............my photo editing skills suck but if you look real close I was able to top MegaWord on a 5 x 5 grid.............fasteddieb and Estive look out
    Nope Russ, its too small &/or blurry, I can't see it. Darn! That's quite an achievement.

I learned something recently about uploading an image. If you make it a JPEG, you have more ability to control its size. When you're just about to post, click the preview button, then you can see how big it'll appear after you post. So if the image looks too small, you can remove it and try again BEFORE you post it. And it'll show @ the bottom how many times you tried to add an image, you can just delete all the wrong sized images before you post as well. Also if you have a word program, you place the image in that program, increase its size, take a photo of the larger size, change it into a JPEG, then we can see your achievement example.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
      Wow, I used to get stoked when I found 160 pts for 4 words before the new boards were released last month.......
      This pretty well totally eclipses that. I found them at 1:00 a.m. last night playing on my phone. The second miracle was that I didn't have to reswipe any of the words.

336 PTS FOR 8 WORDS.jpg
      Not really much of an achievement but this is the thread where I previously posted this topic. I discovered an even richer set of 8 words. I found it twice now. Once again it happened while I was on my phone swiping. The previous find that I quoted I barely got it done in time. That spurred me to improve my swiping speed and accuracy. This time I had 40 seconds to spare. (crazykate and boysmom, I realize that sounds pathetic to you. )

360 pts for 8 words.jpg

Comment

Not really much of an achievement but this is the thread where I previously posted this topic. I discovered an even richer set of 8 words. I found it twice now. Once again it happened while I was on my phone swiping. The previous find that I quoted I barely got it done in time. That spurred me to improve my swiping speed and accuracy. This time I had 40 seconds to spare. (crazykate and boysmom, I realize that sounds pathetic to you. )

360 pts for 8 words.jpg
        Holy Moly! I'm inspired and impressed, and since I don't have a smart phone, I have no clue how one swipes anything, but I'm still game to keep looking for these.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdyak View Post

Holy Moly! I'm inspired and impressed, and since I don't have a smart phone, I have no clue how one swipes anything, but I'm still game to keep looking for these.
          And here's my first attempt - not bad for starters:
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I have always had what the doctors call "essential tremor" and it certainly hasn't improved with age. Mouse use is difficult. Touch pad is a little easier. The screen on a smart phone would be somewhere between frustrating and impossible for me, which is part of the reason I don't have one. The other part is the commands -- swipe up, down sideways. both ways, tap, double-tap, etc. And the icons are essentially hieroglyphs, and I don't know what they mean. If they're supposed to resemble something, they fail; I'd just have to memorize them. To say the learning curve would be steep would be an understatement.

I find it irritating that so many places are insisting that I "get their app". If I had a smart phone, I wouldn't know how to do that and if I got it I wouldn't know how to invoke it, and if I invoked it I probably couldn't use it. And here's the next thing: Starting in January, the old 2G or 3G network is going down for good. So my ancient flip phone, though it still works, will have nothing to connect to. I'll have to get a new phone. They still sell flip phones, thankfully, so I can get one that will work on a 5G network. But I like my old one. I've never had a problem with it. At least the new one will only cost about $30.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
              And here's the next thing: Starting in January, the old 2G or 3G network is going down for good. So my ancient flip phone, though it still works, will have nothing to connect to. I'll have to get a new phone. They still sell flip phones, thankfully, so I can get one that will work on a 5G network. But I like my old one. I've never had a problem with it. At least the new one will only cost about $30.
              4G is still working on my not so ancient flip phone, and that's still better than the toxicity of 5G. I look at young people all bent over their "smart" phones, and I shudder to think what their posture will be like when they get to my age! My husband says he never trusts anything named "smart" because it always turns out he's going to be the dumb one and/or the sucker.

Comment

And here's my first attempt - not bad for starters:
                Yes, an excellent start. I assume you ran out of time to play QUINQUAGINTILLIARDTHS. The long word names that are worth >= 50 pts sure don't come around very often, especially the only 54 pts one: QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS. I was the first to play it last May and then found it again in July. Only 2 other players have each found it once in the last 8 months. I have found long number names worth 30-42 pts on other boards so it's nice they are also seeded into the games.

Comment

Yes, an excellent start. I assume you ran out of time to play QUINQUAGINTILLIARDTHS. The long word names that are worth >= 50 pts sure don't come around very often, especially the only 54 pts one: QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS. I was the first to play it last May and then found it again in July. Only 2 other players have each found it once in the last 8 months. I have found long number names worth 30-42 pts on other boards so it's nice they are also seeded into the games.
                  Yes... ran out of time. I keep looking for that 54, but haven't had the luck to find it yet.

Comment

The long word names that are worth >= 50 pts sure don't come around very often, especially the only 54 pts one: QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS. I was the first to play it last May and then found it again in July. Only 2 other players have each found it once in the last 8 months.
                    OMG!!! I can't believe right after our conversation, I found it! (Or maybe it found me...) QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS! I've only been looking forever since you first found it. Thanks for your encouragement and passing on your good luck.

Comment

• Welcome to the summit, mdyak. As I learned in real life decades ago, it's always satisfying to reach the summit of a mountain no matter how many times it has been reached by others.
                      Last edited by lalatan; 10-27-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the summit, mdyak. As I learned in real life decades ago, it's always satisfying to reach the summit of a mountain no matter how many times it has been reached by others.
                        Thanks so much, and you are so right! That game still has your name on it, and I'm honored to be in such good company.

Comment

• Woohoo! mdyak, today it was my turn to unexpectedly get the 54 pt word and on the last day of the month at that. Yesterday I got to play the highest scoring word in 4x4 (37 pts) as well. That's the first time since the new dictionary was implemented that I reached a double summit. I was also able to push the 4x4 APPW to new heights for the month. Oct. was a good month for Wordtwist for me. I feel like I should give an offering of thanks to the Great Wordtwist Algorithm that distributes the games but don't know what it should be... Maybe this post is acknowledgement enough...

Comment

Woohoo! mdyak, today it was my turn to unexpectedly get the 54 pt word and on the last day of the month at that. Yesterday I got to play the highest scoring word in 4x4 (37 pts) as well. That's the first time since the new dictionary was implemented that I reached a double summit. I was also able to push the 4x4 APPW to new heights for the month. Oct. was a good month for Wordtwist for me. I feel like I should give an offering of thanks to the Great Wordtwist Algorithm that distributes the games but don't know what it should be... Maybe this post is acknowledgement enough...
                            You are totally the best!!... best at the game you play and best company!

Comment

Woohoo! mdyak, today it was my turn to unexpectedly get the 54 pt word and on the last day of the month at that. Yesterday I got to play the highest scoring word in 4x4 (37 pts) as well. That's the first time since the new dictionary was implemented that I reached a double summit. I was also able to push the 4x4 APPW to new heights for the month. Oct. was a good month for Wordtwist for me. I feel like I should give an offering of thanks to the Great Wordtwist Algorithm that distributes the games but don't know what it should be... Maybe this post is acknowledgement enough...
                              Congratulations!!!

Comment

OMG!!! I can't believe right after our conversation, I found it! (Or maybe it found me...) QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS! I've only been looking forever since you first found it. Thanks for your encouragement and passing on your good luck.
                                That's amazing! You've been inducted into the super long word club!

Yes, sometimes when you put out good vibes, they find you!

Comment

Working...
                                X