No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know lalatan said that I beat him, and I was sure I never had. But now I know I have and here's the evidence. So, for maybe the first time in about ten years of trying:
    Game Results

YOUR STATS:Total points: 748 New record!
    Total words: 80 (39 common,17 wide,3 rare,21 ultra rare)
    Best word: SQUITTERED (22 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: SQUITTERED (10 letters) New record!

PUZZLE STATS:
    Played: 6 times
    Average Score: 410.6 points
    Average Words: 64.3 words
    High Score: 533 points by
    Most Words: 90 words by
    Best Word: SQUITTERS (20 pts) by lalatan
    Longest Word: SQUITTERS (9 letters) by lalatan

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
      I know lalatan said that I beat him, and I was sure I never had. But now I know I have and here's the evidence. So, for maybe the first time in about ten years of trying:
      Game Results

YOUR STATS:Total points: 748 New record!
      Total words: 80 (39 common,17 wide,3 rare,21 ultra rare)
      Best word: SQUITTERED (22 pts.) New record!
      Longest word: SQUITTERED (10 letters) New record!

PUZZLE STATS:
      Played: 6 times
      Average Score: 410.6 points
      Average Words: 64.3 words
      High Score: 533 points by
      Most Words: 90 words by
      Best Word: SQUITTERS (20 pts) by lalatan
      Longest Word: SQUITTERS (9 letters) by lalatan
      Plus, you averaged over 9 points a word!

748 points with just 80 words!

Sweet.

ps: How did you manage to block out the other player's names?

Comment

• Congrats bwt! Your quest is finally over. I have no way of knowing who has bettered my records so I suggested that you probably had beaten me before because others had done so. Ironically, exactly 1 week ago I played the same board, saw the alternate path and tried your word.

22 PTS SQUITTERED FOR POST.jpg

John13verse34, I don't know if you'll see this post. Just to give you some feedback: while playing 4x4 for the last month, I tried to better your best/longest word records 10 times. The stats suggested there could be more. I couldn't surpass you until the 10th attempt. You found EVIDENCES (8/9) and I found COUNTEREVIDENCES (30/16). So, you're doing a great job of locking up the board with your finds. That's a difficult thing to do when pt values are low. I accidently beat another of your records when I manufactured DEXTROROTATIONS and it was accepted. I can't fault you for that one since I'd never seen or heard the word before I tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Plus, you averaged over 9 points a word!

748 points with just 80 words!

Sweet.

ps: How did you manage to block out the other player's names?
          I blocked out the other players' names by using ctrl-C to copy the block of scores, then ctrl-V to insert it in my comment. Then I just moved the cursor where I wanted and backspaced over the names. The downside of that is that my typefont and size got changed. I downsized it, but it was still bold. I'll bet I could have fixed that, but I didn't.

Comment

• This will be completely meaningless to most players, but it's been a personal goal: ultra-rare-word finds.

It's something I practise constantly in very short games (1o seconds or so), trying to turn the found words list completely red--only 13 will appear at any time.

As this developed, I started trying to do it with even more esoteric ultra-rare words.

Turns out finding ene, enes, een, reen, ean, rean, sean, teres, utes over and over can get boring also.

Finding words like eat, ate, tea, ear, are, era got boring very early on, so I wanted something more challenging.

Seems that every challenge met simply leads to a search for a new challenge.

Anyway, just found 106 ultra-rare words on a board. Since it's a category without records, who knows what the most ever found has been. Seem to remember Megaword having posted getting a couple over 100 as a new high for him.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 5.17.08 AM.png
            Since the wide words here were mistypings, and the rare ones were partially from adding an s to an ultra-rare that reduced it's rarity...

It's still a work in progress. Learning which words to include and which to eliminate. Learning/remembering where an s helps and hurts.

Comment

• Naboka, VERY NICE 116 words with zero commons! You may have a tough time topping that, but give it a try. Your typing speed must be improving.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyb View Post
                Naboka, VERY NICE 116 words with zero commons! You may have a tough time topping that, but give it a try. Your typing speed must be improving.
                Thanks danny.

Typing speed had been an emphasis last year. Got it up over 150 a game. But like for most of those aging here, that puts too much of a stress on the system: joint inflammation and the like. So, I've dropped the speed to comfortable cruising. Two minutes of pushing it is just too much. Ten second bursts are about the max. Can't imagine trying to do 5x5 with the extra minute.

Are you making any progress on your graphic novel?

Comment

• "Are you making any progress on your graphic novel?"

It is a memoir actually (earliest memories up to my sixteenth birthday). Seventy-three "stories" completed, four are left to do. One of which is giving me problems in how to present it. That story is on its fifth revision and I'm still not 100% happy with it. I thought I would have been done by New years eve, but what are you going to do? I also need to buy some new pencils

Comment

This will be completely meaningless to most players, but it's been a personal goal: ultra-rare-word finds...

Seems that every challenge met simply leads to a search for a new challenge.

Anyway, just found 106 ultra-rare words on a board. Since it's a category without records, who knows what the most ever found has been.
                    As a player who for years has mostly been searching for ultra-rare words, I think your achievement is awesome and astounding. Congrats!! I doubt if any others have found over 100 ultra-rare words in a game as often as you have and/or will find in the future. You have developed the skill now so I suspect more such games will be forthcoming.

Wow, you are so right about every challenge met leading to yet other challenges! I collected 1,778 4x4 records in a month (not a personal best) just playing when I felt like it. I think most people would be satisfied with that. Yet I found myself thinking, "You could've made 2k if you played more often." Finding long words is easier and more enjoyable than it ever has been for me. But I still have this competitive drive to do more. OMG I wish there was an off switch for it some days! I used to be quite goal-driven but since I achieved all my goals, now I have "it would be nice to..." It'd be nice to reach 10k 4x4 records, to get 75k total records etc. etc. Baby steps, I have to find a way out of this competitive mode that was unleashed and then fueled years ago...

Comment

• Had a dream that I beat Megaword by 200 points.

Then I woke up.

Oh well.

Maybe someday.

Maybe

when one of his games gets interrupted by a phone call and he forgets to close it

or some other accident that happens playing Wordtwist.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.57.11 AM.png

Comment

Had a dream that I beat Megaword by 200 points.

Then I woke up.

Oh well.

Maybe someday.

Maybe

when one of his games gets interrupted by a phone call and he forgets to close it

or some other accident that happens playing Wordtwist.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.57.11 AM.png
                        LOL ... now you know you've been playing too often ...

Comment

• lalatan, just gotta give you kudos for this word "QUINQUAVIGINTILLIARDTHS (48)", it's not even in the dictionary, the clickable one that is. Hats off!

Comment

• Best word: ANESTHETIZES (17 pts.) New record!
                            Longest word: ANESTHETIZES (12 letters) New record!

Previous best was SETNESSES (9 L/16 PTS)

Comment

• So I channeled my inner Naboka. I averaged 11.1875 points per word:

Game Results

YOUR STATS:Total points: 716 New record!
                              Total words: 64 (28 common,11 wide,3 rare,22 ultra rare) New record!
                              Best word: QUANTIZERS (25 pts.) New record!
                              Longest word: QUANTIZERS (10 letters)

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
                                So I channeled my inner Naboka. I averaged 11.1875 points per word:

Game Results

YOUR STATS:Total points: 716 New record!
                                Total words: 64 (28 common,11 wide,3 rare,22 ultra rare) New record!
                                Best word: QUANTIZERS (25 pts.) New record!
                                Longest word: QUANTIZERS (10 letters)
                                Wow! That's impressive.

Good thing you're channeling YOUR INNER WHATEVER cause that other guy hasn't come anywhere near that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X