Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdyak View Post

If I hadn't asked the group here, how would I have known that????
    Questions are good.

Answers are good.

I had never observed the bars before 2cute made her originating post asking what they represented.

Then, as these forums do, one cat went this way, another went that way, and before long Seattle was in a state of merry emergency, with bars set ablaze.

Fortunately, flops and RussDnails and 2cute brought buns, weiners and marshmallows for roasting as the group settled in around the blazing bars to celebrate our good fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Much like offering fried chicken at the church social--but, considerably less tasty.
      LOL ... Hahaha ....

Originally posted by floppers View Post
      I prefer to think of them as candy bars, still waaaaay less tasty, but also with ZERO calories.
      Mmm, great idea!

Originally posted by mdyak View Post

If I hadn't asked the group here, how would I have known that????
      There doesn't seem to be anywhere that lists these kinds of information for the site. If you want to know something, you can search, but that isn't as helpful. The best way is to ask a question to the community. Like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Questions are good.

Answers are good.

I had never observed the bars before 2cute made her originating post asking what they represented.

Then, as these forums do, one cat went this way, another went that way, and before long Seattle was in a state of merry emergency, with bars set ablaze.

Fortunately, flops and RussDnails and 2cute brought buns, weiners and marshmallows for roasting as the group settled in around the blazing bars to celebrate our good fortunately.
        Yes, that's the way of my life as a 'detail oriented' person. I even sometimes see what is supposed to be hidden as well.

Good Fortune with great friends. Pass the mustard!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
          I'm such a dork..................I can't wait 'til you get past 10.............I'm thinking the bars will change colors or some such.
          I thought once 10 bars were reached it would surely usher in the long-awaited (since 1969) Age of Aquarius. Major bummer that it didn't, man.

disclaimer: only senior citizens may get this...
          Last edited by lalatan; 08-25-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

The moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Comment

Or is it "The moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Bars"?

Comment

The group was "The Fifth Dimension". Heck, everyone knows there are eight spatial dimensions. There have to be (complex numbers are two dimensions, quaternions were four dimensions and map nicely to the Theory of Relativity, and Octonions are the next step -- and there is nothing past Octonions). So the Fifth Dimension was far short of their full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                  I thought once 10 bars were reached it would surely usher in the long-awaited (since 1969) Age of Aquarius. Major bummer that it didn't, man.

disclaimer: only senior citizens may get this...
                  Golly, I wonder if the words to my childhood song are in the dictionary: "Mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lambsie divy." Loved that song when I was young. I think "doats" is a word.

Comment

chillipepper just got "shrooms" in a puzzle....I figure you guys got the jump on shrooms...

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Golly, I wonder if the words to my childhood song are in the dictionary: "Mairzy doats and dozy doats and little lambsie divy." Loved that song when I was young. I think "doats" is a word.
                      My son loved that song when he was young. It got into my head many days, ran in an endless loop (the chorus) in my mind and just about drove me crazy. Yes, doats is valid word, an alternate/obsolete word for dotes. I remember playing it as a faux speed player and looked it up.

Lol, Spike. Good one!
                      Last edited by lalatan; 08-25-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
                        The group was "The Fifth Dimension". Heck, everyone knows there are eight spatial dimensions. There have to be (complex numbers are two dimensions, quaternions were four dimensions and map nicely to the Theory of Relativity, and Octonions are the next step -- and there is nothing past Octonions). So the Fifth Dimension was far short of their full potential.
                        Not everyone BWT.

Quaternions = In mathematics, the quaternions are a number system that extends the complex numbers. They were first described by Irish mathematician William Rowan Hamilton in 1843 and applied to mechanics in three-dimensional space. A feature of quaternions is that multiplication of two quaternions is noncommutative. Hamilton defined a quaternion as the quotient of two directed lines in a three-dimensional space or equivalently as the quotient of two vectors.

Octonions = In mathematics, the octonions are a normed division algebra over the real numbers, meaning it is a hypercomplex number system.

Eight Spatial Dimensions has to do w/particle physics - here's an article about it: https://bigthink.com/surprising-scie...1#rebelltitem1

While I like the theoretical part of physics, the mathematical part is waaaay beyond me. I know its the mathematical part that explains why the theoretical part is possible.

Thankfully for our purposes here, its the words that are useful and not the complicated explanation. Phew!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                          Or is it "The moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Bars"?
                          Yep, the wordtwist version Spike.

Ooo, I liked that song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X5HYynP5E .

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
                            chillipepper just got "shrooms" in a puzzle....I figure you guys got the jump on shrooms...
                            Yes, I've noticed wordtwist accepts slang as well.

Here's a related classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVER6hyoyJo

Comment

Definitely off topic but, bwt, I remember you posting a YouTube video of a throat-singing Mongolian heavy metal band (I think it was the Hu). I saw a documentary named Genghis Blues on TubiTv and the caption said it was about an American blues player who won a contest doing Tuvan throat-singing. Unbelievably, they had other different styles, not just the guttural one. Some of them sounded like a bull elk calling. My wife and I were both fascinated by the show. Apparently, others liked it too as I found out today it was nominated for an Academy Award. You should check it out if you can. Here's a clip I found from it. When the Tuvan guy shifts to the high register at 1:25, it sounds like someone is playing a high-pitched wind instrument but it's his voice. Remarkable!
                              This is a video concert extra from the rare film,"Genghis Blues" starring the late Paul Pena.He performs using the unique Tuva throat singing method in which...

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                                Definitely off topic but, bwt, I remember you posting a YouTube video of a throat-singing Mongolian heavy metal band (I think it was the Hu). I saw a documentary named Genghis Blues on TubiTv and the caption said it was about an American blues player who won a contest doing Tuvan throat-singing. Unbelievably, they had other different styles, not just the guttural one. Some of them sounded like a bull elk calling. My wife and I were both fascinated by the show. Apparently, others liked it too as I found out today it was nominated for an Academy Award. You should check it out if you can. Here's a clip I found from it. When the Tuvan guy shifts to the high register at 1:25, it sounds like someone is playing a high-pitched wind instrument but it's his voice. Remarkable!
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYc06l2gGo
                                I listened to the video. You're right that's amazing they can control their vocal chords like that. I wonder how they learned how to do that? It sounds like a synthesizer. It reminds me of those songs by Peter Frampton, when he uses that 'talk box' instrument.

Do you feel like we do (starts @7:22 into the song)?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUioud7Qtsw

Comment

Working...
                                X