Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess GUMMI is now a generic term.

Comment

• I just accidentally scored points for PEPSI. (Accidentally entered it while intending to type PEPSIN.)

The definition for PEPSI that is linked in the word list is:

Definition of Pepsi
      1. Noun. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.

Exact synonyms: Pepsi Cola
      Generic synonyms: Cola, Dope

Definition of Pepsi
      1. Proper noun. A brand of carbonated cola non-alcoholic drink produced by the company Pepsi.

2. Noun. A portion (a glass, a can, a bottle, etc.) of Pepsi.

So, uh...

Comment

• I just got supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on the 6x6 board, crushing my previous longest word record (25).
        Well then.

Comment

• Congrats! You are the first to find a 36-letter word on Wordtwist. :-)
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• It's 34 not 36, but I'll take it! Thank you!

Comment

• Ah, you're right - the 36 letter word is still out there waiting to be found. The first 34 though is still quite good. :-)
              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qlaudie View Post
                I just got supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on the 6x6 board, crushing my previous longest word record (25).
                Well then.
                Congratulations, Qlaudie!

If I saw it (which I wouldn't), I would never be able to spell it in time. Hunt and peck, hunt and peck. I'd only get as far as the 't'

Comment

• Originally posted by Qlaudie View Post
                  I just got supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on the 6x6 board, crushing my previous longest word record (25).
                  Well then.
                  Congratulations Qlaudie!! 58 pts. 34 letters you now hold the record for both the highest scoring and longest word ever found in WordTwist

Comment

• Unexpectedly scored points for POKAL(S). Tried it because it's the word for a cup trophy or competition in German sports (WM-Pokal = World Cup trophy, DFB-Pokal = German Cup). Turns out it's also an archaic English word for a tall drinking cup.

Comment

• Screen Shot 2024-05-06 at 2.44.05 PM.png I'll probably never achieve this again.
                      Last edited by Brisul; 05-06-2024, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Since your average score is 1122.27272727. . . I can guarantee that I will never achieve that. Not in this version of reality, anyway.

Comment

• I just meant it would be highly unlikely for me to get my points to be 12345 again. It was totally unplanned.

Comment

• That is quite an amazing consequence and an impressive total.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisul View Post
                              I just meant it would be highly unlikely for me to get my points to be 12345 again. It was totally unplanned.
                              Anyone who plays enough games will score 12,345 points or more -- and most people playing TextTwist do, routinely. For them to land directly on 12,345 points is a matter of chance that depends on the number of points you score per game. If you average 500 points, you'd have a probability of about 1/500 of hitting that number, and if you had an average of 1000, then you'd have about 1/1000 for your probability of landing on that number exactly. You could change those odds a little if your average score varied very little and your average score divided evenly into 12,345 (or close to evenly). You could distort the numbers a lot if you discovered that you needed to score exactly X points to land on 12,345 and then suspended play on a board once you had reached precisely X. That latter method makes the total 12,345 not nearly as amazing and in fact very achievable by practically anyone with enough patience. Therefore, I assumed that the really amazing thing was not simply the total of 12,345 but the fact that you had done it in only 11 games. Yes, the score is interesting; you'd probably get that total only about once every three years of play at your current average score per game. A more ordinary player like me might get it once every two years or less, and some of the players here might see it twice a year just by coincidence. But of course we could all play until we were just a little under the needed total and then play games and throw them away until we at last scored exactly the number needed.

Therefore, I celebrate your real achievement -- an average score per game that I will never approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Anyone who plays enough games will score 12,345 points or more -- and most people playing TextTwist do, routinely. For them to land directly on 12,345 points is a matter of chance that depends on the number of points you score per game. If you average 500 points, you'd have a probability of about 1/500 of hitting that number, and if you had an average of 1000, then you'd have about 1/1000 for your probability of landing on that number exactly. You could change those odds a little if your average score varied very little and your average score divided evenly into 12,345 (or close to evenly). You could distort the numbers a lot if you discovered that you needed to score exactly X points to land on 12,345 and then suspended play on a board once you had reached precisely X. That latter method makes the total 12,345 not nearly as amazing and in fact very achievable by practically anyone with enough patience. Therefore, I assumed that the really amazing thing was not simply the total of 12,345 but the fact that you had done it in only 11 games. Yes, the score is interesting; you'd probably get that total only about once every three years of play at your current average score per game. A more ordinary player like me might get it once every two years or less, and some of the players here might see it twice a year just by coincidence. But of course we could all play until we were just a little under the needed total and then play games and throw them away until we at last scored exactly the number needed.

Therefore, I celebrate your real achievement -- an average score per game that I will never approach.
                                I appreciate all the thought you put into this response! The way I'm playing now is just to keep up with the really high scorers. At best, I will finish in third place this month. To do so, I can't score any lower than 1100 points in a game. I was actually looking at my totals for this month so far and comparing them to the person ahead of me when I noticed that I had exactly 12345 points. It just struck me as funny and unlikely to be replicated with the way I play.

Comment

Working...
                                X