• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugh!

Originally posted by montyb View Post
    "A mob is the scum that rises upmost when the nation boils."
    — John Dryden
    you're right--one definitely doesn't want to be reminded of slimy things, first thing in the morning. shiver.

Comment

• Anyone else remember this one?

"Call on god, but row away from the rocks." -Proverb

After taking many minutes to solve this one for the second time I decided I'd better commit it to memory.

Comment

• Apparently others don't find this one hard, but I sure did...

"Seek joy in what you give not in what you get "
        — Unattributed

Comment

• The Unsolvable

Occasionally, I just can't solve a puzzle. I know you can just click on Play and get another puzzle, but how/where can I get the solution to the 'unsolvable'?

Comment

• you can run it by other players here in the forum--or in the chat box--or if you know the author, try looking up that person on some quote sites. (there's no way to get it from the game itself.) just print it out and work on it at your leisure!

Comment

• The Unsolvable

Thanks wvwoman, with some I have tried looking at quote sites, but some of the hardest are the ones without an author so I just couldn't find it. I'll try posting here for help and I'll also print, thanks (and good to know that there is no way to get the solution through this site) Wonder if they'd consider an "I give up button"

Comment

• i'd vote for that button!

Comment

• The Unsolvable

Originally posted by wvwoman View Post
                  i'd vote for that button!
                  Me, too! Who do we tell!

Comment

• good question--maybe try the comment box at the bottom of the page...

Comment

• What a terrific idea! I'd vote for an "I give up" button. Write a comment in the box located at the bottom of every page, and it will go straight to the site's administrator.

Comment

• i can't think of any reason not to have it...can you?

Comment

• problem with an "I give up" button

The only problem would be in how to score the "I give up" and it would have a large effect on how the records are tallied. It seems giving up should result in points being deducted, because if a player did not lose points for giving up, then the challenge of achieving 100% accuracy would become watered-down, and lose its admirability.

Comment

• ohhhhhhh...well, crumbs.

Comment

• Easy, Penfold.
                              "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• i had to look that one up, montyb--i had never heard of danger mouse!

Comment

Working...
                                X