No announcement yet.

What inspired your name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a funny and fun name...! Hope the mint tea worked for you.

Boggy Boots....I love it

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyBoots View Post
      I originally came on quotes as swampy_sox. A power glitch knocked me off the web and when I came back to crypto's I couldn't get on. I reapplied as BoggyBoots which was accepted. Swampy _ sox came from a name used on another chat forum back in '99. I went out picking wild mint and got a booter. Made wild mint tea to help get over the cold I got. Male 70
      your profile page picture is beautiful!

Comment

I was dating a woman in 1995 whose screen name was Tiki. While she probably meant the hawaiian totem doll, I thought of Rikki Tikki Tavi. My screen name was either going to be Rikki or Tavi, and I chose the more unusual. In subsequent years, somebody else started using Tavi on some sites, so I added 5280 (For my home city of Denver, the mile high city).
        M 52.

Comment

Mine is pretty obvious - I have a Yorkie, and she totally rules!

Comment

A little comic strip known as Calvin and Hobbes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nollij View Post
              A little comic strip known as Calvin and Hobbes.

Comment

I am a lizard, and this is my actual name.

Comment

Mine's pretty simple. Peg x Peg is peg squared. Square peg, round hole. It's my life, not my name.

Comment

Originally posted by pegxpeg View Post
                    Mine's pretty simple. Peg x Peg is peg squared. Square peg, round hole. It's my life, not my name.
                    haha--good one!

Comment

Originally posted by puffybob View Post
                      I am a lizard, and this is my actual name.
                      I've always wondered . . . and now I know!

Comment

Enoch the Red is an enigmatic character in Neal Stephenson's "Baroque Cycle" and "Cryptonomicon". He is, unlike me, also a master of cryptography. I rarely log in, because I need hints sometimes. I also usually listen to the radio or watch TV while I solve. I recommend NPR, baseball, or nature shows. Doesn't help my times any! I love all your comments...probably that's why I "cheat"...so I get to read them.

Comment

all that matters is that we have some fun while we're here!
                          I also watch TV or listen to NPR while solving, so I'm happy to learn I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by gryhnd51 View Post
                            all that matters is that we have some fun while we're here!
                            I also watch TV or listen to NPR while solving, so I'm happy to learn I'm not alone.
                            add me to that list.

Comment

Same here--baseball and NPR.

Comment

And I sit here reading this thread while listening to 1A on NPR.
                                "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X