Classic Comments on the Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishbum's finish cracked me up.

"Life is everywhere. The earth is throbbing with it, it's like music. The plants, the creatures, the ones we see, the ones we don't see, it's like one, big, pulsating symphony." — Andrew Schneider

wvwoman on September 17th, 2013
    throbbing and pulsating. music is not the first thing that comes to mind.

skeeter on March 12th, 2015
    Yes, wvwoman! On my screen, the last word was below my line of sight so at first all I could see was "one big pulsating . . . ." My mind reeled with possibilities until I scrolled down and saw "symphony."

universalmom on May 28th, 2015
    LOL wv and skeeter, shame on you!

abra on August 21st, 2016
    What they said. ^^

darkyr on January 25th, 2018
    Is that a symphony in your pocket, or did you get a new ring tone?

fishbum on July 8th, 2018
    I keep mine on vibrate.

Comment

• Edited to the essentials.

"Living with a conscience is like driving a car with the brakes on."
      — Budd Schulberg

LLapp on January 3rd, 2015
      Context. This is the man who wrote the screenplay for On the Waterfront - and he built it on maybe the strongest ethical core of any movie ever.

spacecoyote1966 on July 29th, 2016
      200 seconds. If only I had solved it faster, I could have been someone. I could've been a contender.
      "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Abra crackered me up

"The tragedy of life is what dies in the hearts and souls of people while they live. "
        — Albert Einstein

sidewinder on June 1st, 2010
        indeed

abra on May 29th, 2014
        It's amazing to me that this brilliant scientist, had such a poetic soul.

judy100 on March 30th, 2015
        :-(

jval on April 18th, 2015
        Yes, but it's NICE when a tragedy dies.

bookie539 on March 15th, 2018
        a tragedy just died yesterday. His name was Hawking.

LLapp on March 17th, 2018
        That he invalidated your world view makes him an important challenge to your understanding of the world. Your reaction does not make him a tragedy. Rest in peace, Dr. Hawking.

badbob on June 8th, 2018
        it's four a.m. and i'm eating peanut butter right out of the jar while doing cryptos. this is sad.

abra on July 2nd, 2018
        ^Yes, you should get some crackers.

Comment

• "Zeal: A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced."
          — Ambrose Bierce

LLapp on December 2nd, 2016
          Oh man - 24 seconds! I coulda been a contender, if only I hadn't stopped twice to sneeze!!

darkyr on December 20th, 2016
          I caught a cold and had to wait until I was over it before I hit the submit button. I didn't want to infect the comments and get everyone sick.

phthelen on June 24th, 2018
          LOL darkyr

abra on June 26th, 2018
          Thank you for your sacrifice, darkyr. Computer viruses can be dangerous.

LLapp on August 7th, 2018
          HAHAHA

Comment

• Dodgy Logic

"Logic is neither a science nor an art, but a dodge."
            — Benjamin Jowett

bansaisequoia on May 26th, 2012
            Dodge Logics are Ram Tough.

Roxanne on August 16th, 2013
            And Jowett could well a Ford to say that.

JenDiaz72 on January 20th, 2015
            Dead Or Dying Garbage Emitter or Drips Oil, Drops Grease, Everywhere.

JenDiaz72 on April 15th, 2015
            Got another one... Dysfunctional Organization Designing Generic Equipment.

kb83 on January 23rd, 2017
            Passionate non-logicians are truly insufferable.

Comment

• "When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy."
              — Anonymous

chopstix on September 15th, 2013
              time to step away from the drugs dude.

badbob on January 25th, 2016
              are anonymous and unattributed realted?

abra on June 28th, 2016
              First cousins twice removed. Anonymous is older and his quotes are becoming fewer. Unattributed has taken over with great vigor. His quotes are everywhere.

NotTooOld on May 2nd, 2017
              Anonymous is fading and his friend Unattributed has taken his energy.

Roxanne on May 2nd, 2017
              Whoa man did you ever think how weird toes are? I mean like they're totally different from fingers but ... umm what? ... yeah ... huh? ... hey are there any 'Nilla Wafers left?

LLapp on December 21st, 2017
              Roxanne, don't tell anybody, but there's Ben & Jerry's in the freezer.

lertsek on June 14th, 2018
              No there's not.

Comment

• ummm...floss?!

if you're sensitive to "blue" humor, just overlook this one!
                ( but it was too good not to share! )

"You know, sometimes a man just can't satisfy all of a woman's desires. Which is why God invented dental floss." — Unattributed

gryhnd51 on October 1st, 2012
                Is this meant to be kinky? I don't get it. Do any of you ladies have an explanation that can be written here? If so, PLEASE send me a PM....only God knows when I'll get back to this quote!

universalmom on March 6th, 2013
                What in blazes does this mean??

gryhnd51 on April 15th, 2013
                Well, here I am. More than a year later. And I'm so bummed that I still don't understand this quote.

slow1 on August 11th, 2013
                soooo, quotes are sometimes repeated? That might explain how some folks who've been doing this a while - get them so quickly. BTW, this quote is stupid. No wonder they don't take credit for it.

abra on November 4th, 2013
                Maybe we're just looking at it the wrong way. Maybe dental floss is just for flossing your teeth. This is an unattributed quote, so maybe it's just stooopid. But I'd like to be in on that PM otherwise.

Barnabas on November 8th, 2013
                Remember that movie (can't recall the title) in which Rosie O'Donnell is asked, "Tell me your fantasy," and she responds by saying, "Paint my house." Maybe the quote is something along those lines. Sometimes a person's desire isn't always sensual in nature. Or maybe in this case... it's just kinky. Who knows?

kb83 on July 17th, 2014
                Maybe the floss is for the man who is feeling inadequate.

shari2468 on August 16th, 2014
                I think perhaps this may be the best example of "context is everything" that I have come across on this site.

Spenser on January 16th, 2015
                I'll have to ask my wife about this one.

abra on April 9th, 2015
                I still don't know what the dental floss is for, but I think I know the movie, Barnabas means. I think Rosie says that line to Dan Akroyd, in Exit to Eden.

wvwoman on April 14th, 2015
                i just looked it up in the urban dictionary. oh, mercy!

droosy on May 26th, 2015
                Heteronormative, and also weird.

dovid1946 on May 26th, 2015
                my curiousity is whetted. I have to check out the urban dictionary too. I suspect the quote has something to do with oral sex- and I don't mean talking about sex. Now, I wonder who this can be attributed to. Maybe someone like George Carlin?

JenDiaz72 on July 17th, 2015
                I was thinking the same thing Dovid1946 but I didn't want to be the first one to bring it up... I was thinking of the fact of using dental floss to clean up after oral sex...

pegxpeg on April 16th, 2016
                Researched the first patent for dental floss. Oddly, it wasn't god.

bkmcincinnati on January 6th, 2017
                Oh my, folks. Your comments sent me on an internet search. I finally found the quote attributed to a person but I can't find anything about who the person is. Here's a link: (link) (Apologies and a warning to anyone who cares to look at the link--it's a whole lot of quotes about men that are meant to be funny, but all lumped together in one place feel very sexist)

Persephone59 on July 2nd, 2017
                Yeah, the quote has to do with getting hair out of your teeth..

phthelen on August 14th, 2017
                Holeeeeee, Persephone. Thanks for that warning.

fishbum on October 31st, 2017
                Maybe flossing can be an excuse for not going to bed.

seastar228 on January 5th, 2018
                Hmm. I never put the dental floss idea with sex before.... I won't be able to floss without a smile ever again.

gryhnd51 on August 30th, 2018
                Here I am, after almost 6 years, and your comments all point at KINKY! How can it be that I sometimes get the same quote twice in a row and the ones I don't understand take so long to come back?? About as weird as thinking about sex and dental floss in the same moment!

Comment

• Okay it's late and maybe I'm giddy, but this tickled me.

"He who does not say too much has too much to say." — Unattributed

marnita on August 29th, 2018
                  Does this even make sense?

kb83 on September 13th, 2018
                  This is misquoted. Unattributed never said this.

Comment

• The '' make history '' thread...

Comment

• Andy Rant hits a nerve on New Year's eve

In response to this quote:

"Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age?"— Erich Fromm

Andy451 went on an extended rant about his opinion of public education and the people who provide it. I won't include Andy's comment because it was typical Andy451.

What really caught my attention was LLapp's response, which i assume was directed at Andy's wonderful comments in general. It occurred on the last day of 2016, a time when the end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it was expected to happen in January 2017 and was probably the culmination of many years of LLapp withholding her comments to Andy:

LLapp on December 31st, 2016
                      OMG, stop it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by xlr8r View Post
                        In response to this quote:

"Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age?"— Erich Fromm

Andy451 went on an extended rant about his opinion of public education and the people who provide it. I won't include Andy's comment because it was typical Andy451.

What really caught my attention was LLapp's response, which i assume was directed at Andy's wonderful comments in general. It occurred on the last day of 2016, a time when the end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it was expected to happen in January 2017 and was probably the culmination of many years of LLapp withholding her comments to Andy:

LLapp on December 31st, 2016
                        OMG, stop it!!
                        i'm wondering what andy said to "set her off"--llapp is usually quite patient and tactful!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wvwoman View Post
                          i'm wondering what andy said to "set her off"--llapp is usually quite patient and tactful!!

Gee, thanks for assuming that I'm normally patient. I seem to recall that I had hit a whole bunch of Andy's overlong rants all in one crypto-session and it was enough already.

Comment

• wild and crazy!

Andy's rants frequently crack me up. I admire his e-energy.

But I also almost always like whatever Llapp writes and also admire her patience and thoughtfulness and wisdom.

So I dunno. Maybe I just like everybody.

No, that's definitely not it.

I do admire many of you though, you wild, crazy, frequent Crypto-posters, you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fudi View Post
                              So I dunno. Maybe I just like everybody.

No, that's definitely not it.
                              LOL, Fudi.

Comment

• Hilarious thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X