No announcement yet.

Obnoxiously difficult quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i sure have, lacon. obviously some people have a real knack for these puzzles--i'm not one of those people! i might have a bit of a knack, but not a "real" one.

i used to work and work at a puzzle, but recently i've given that up--now, after a reasonable time, i just give it up and go on to another one. that's what works for me right now--i do these for fun, not to add more stress to my life!

Comment

• Obnoxiously difficult quotes

I used to spend 10-15 minutes on puzzles way back in the beginning. I was so bad at this that I played as a guest for close to a year before even becoming a member. Now I just spend a reasonable amount of time and move on. I want to have fun and not frustrate myself, and I use this website as a relaxation tool.

Comment

• A cat bitten once by a snake dreads even rope. Arab Proverb

REALLY??? Do they have that many cats in Arabia?

Comment

• Originally posted by gryhnd51 View Post
          A cat bitten once by a snake dreads even rope. Arab Proverb

REALLY??? Do they have that many cats in Arabia?
          Well there's the Arabian Mau, Sand Cats are included in that area (freakishly cute things too), Persians are from Iran, which is close enough.
          Also:
          A recent study conducted on the DNA of a statistically significant sample of domestic cats has shown that cats (over 500 million of them) are probably descended from a sub-species of cat that originally inhabited countries in the Middle East.
          --Some cat site
          So yeah I bet Arabia has a lot of cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmberRose
            I have discovered that some of the "easy" rated puzzles can be harder to solve than the "difficult" ones!

It takes me a lot of time to figure out where to start?

Which leads me into yet another newcomer question, is there a way to get the cursor to automatically go to the first letter of the puzzle, obviously positioning my mouse will do that -- but I am just wondering if there is a keyboard short-cut I can use?

Lurker, the tab doesn't work for my laptop. But I will check the other forum posts for helpful hints, thanks.
            AmberRose, I found that equal sign (=) serves to do this. Hope it works for you too.

Comment

• In Mexico we have a word for sushi: Bait --Jose Simon.

My head hurts from the vowel combinations.

Comment

• The phrase "domestic cat" is an oxymoron." - George F. Will

Comment

• "I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast." - Elizabeth II

Comment

• I know by my own pot how the others boil - proverb

Comment

• Ditto on the eggs, Barnabas.
                      "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Really steamed!

I may have already posted this (the gray matter is getting grayer every day), but I really hate this one.

"Make money, money by fair means if you can, if not, but any means money."
                        — Horace

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• the poor man's budget is full of schemes. I thought it was bucket, and it took me 29 minutes to figure it out

Comment

• Striving to better, oft we mar what's well. - William Shakespeare

A 5.2% solve rate, and 9 minutes of my time to figure it out. Uff dah

Comment

• Sorry, that's my fault. Last time there was a new batch of quotes, I asked for Shakespeare.

Comment

• a pot of milk is ruined by a drop of poison. unattributed

Comment

Working...
                                X